Honest thoughts on peradon cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest thoughts on peradon cues

Asking for a friend peoples honest views on peradon cues i have the lazer 3\4 one and think its pretty decent. He is thinking of getting the peradon joe davis cue what he wants to know is should he spend a bit more and maybe get a maximus, ton pranam ect or anything else his budget is £150-250ish thanks in advance. P.s i am far to under qualified to give him advice.

i think peradon are "ok" if you can try them out.

peradon probably make cues in higher numbers compared to some of the others so chances are there is a broader range of "quality" along the spectrum. in a pool of many cues, some will be good, some will be bad and some will be ok.

i've never ever considered buying a peradon cue to be honest, though i saw one the other day and it looked ok. id much rater go to maximus or ton praram

Comment

Thanks i have my eye on a ton praram at the moment

Comment

I personally feel Peradon are becoming like Riley when it comes to cues. Riley lived on a good name for years but just turn out mass manufactured crap now, Peradon although still fairly decent are going down that road. For the money you mention I would be looking at Ton Praram instead any day, lovely craftsmanship, Cuedos on ebay make some good looking cues with decent reviews as do Woods which are very low in price compared to Peradon. If you can get a Maximus for £250 these days its a no brainer as they are superb.

So in short, Peradon are a bit old hat, mass made, living on an old (great) name but in the same way MG cars being sold now are not exactly the same as ones of old! Much better choices out there in that price bracket. I bought a cracking Thai made cue off ADR147 on here for £175 and love it.
        Last edited by Cue crafty; 14 March 2017, 04:35 PM.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I keep hearing great stuff about maximus and ton praram cues ill let him know

Comment

Hi mate, I had a Peradon King and whilst it played well I had issues with the quality.
            My current playing cue is a James Butters cue, Only paid £160 and it is exceptional. I'd recommend adding James to your list and i'm aware he has just posting a nuumber of cues on ebay.
            Fast delivery and a bargain for the quality of his work.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

I think Peradon are excellent cues & very good value for money.I have a Peradon Royal.Ive been playing for over 35 years & only had four cues - a Steve Davis Riley Dufferin,a Cannon & two Peradon Royals. The Joe Davis model is similar to the Royal except the JD is machine spliced & has an in-lay on the butt.I prefer hand spliced & a plain ebony butt - no in-lay has ever helped pot a ball.I see that your Lazer has an Ebonex butt - I don't have any experience of that but my personal preference is traditional ebony.My original Royal was stolen from a dive of a club in Crewe & I had no hesitation in going back to the Snooker Shop in Levenshulme for a replacement.While no two cues are ever exactly alike I was able to select one that was virtually identical.The quality of the ebony & ash is both very good & consistent.The joint had changed in the intervening years & the cue extension now costs extra. I would definitely recommend Peradon & would certainly buy another if I needed to.
                :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                  Hi mate, I had a Peradon King and whilst it played well I had issues with the quality.
                  My current playing cue is a James Butters cue, Only paid £160 and it is exceptional. I'd recommend adding James to your list and i'm aware he has just posting a nuumber of cues on ebay.
                  Fast delivery and a bargain for the quality of his work.
                  Do you have a link for them Tom, I can't find them. Cheers.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think if you find a cue thay you play well with it doesnt matter who made it.

Comment

Peradon claim their cues are oil finished but its pretty obvious when you use one its a type of lacquer on it.

Comment

Originally Posted by rocketryan87 View Post
                        Thanks i have my eye on a ton praram at the moment
                        your Eye is on right spot I think...Palipon is Great to deal with and has skills in cue making as good as any Big one you can think of and main thing is waiting time is second to none ...

Comment

Honest thoughts on peradon cues

I have found that Peradon cues can have a chunky feel to the shaft, and in the past for friends who have them I have sent them off to Andy Travis to have the shafts trimmed a bit for a better feel.
                          I also would recommend Ton Praram as they are lovely cues
                          Last edited by DeanH; 14 March 2017, 09:47 PM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I had a Peradon pool cue and I absolutely loved it, cost me £130-£140 from memory but I did try it out first, I still have it, but I use another cue now as it was a bit short for me, I would punch myself in the ribs when I broke off

Comment

first thing that springs to mind is 'could do better for your money'. That goes for new and used.

Comment

Working...
                              X