Woods Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods Cue

On a previous post a member pointed me in the direction of woods cues and wow they look quality for the price.

worth having a look at the 3 star models which are oil finished and have some decent reviews, dont bother with the standard cues which are usually lacquered and not great quality

Comment

Originally Posted by rocketryan87 View Post
      On a previous post a member pointed me in the direction of woods cues and wow they look quality for the price.
      Ryan - there was a thread I believe already done on Woods cues. Might be worth using the TSF search bar to locate it. There was some good information on them from memory. Cheers.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks ill take a look

Comment

Go for Custom made this will cost you like 250-300 but will be great value my friends are using and custom made are fantastic but stock cues are just AWFULL ...can't say about 3 stars....my advice is contact Kent or Najam directly and go for Custom made

Comment

I own a standard ebony cue from Wood's and a friend of mine ordered a 3 start cue as well. Both of the cues arrived with a lacquered finish that, while very smooth when new, deteriorated over time into a grippy mess.

I opted to sand the finish off myself using the instructions on Mike Wooldridge's site and now I'm very happy with the cue. It plays very well - comparable in playability to my very well made Andy Travis cue.

I personally don't think you can buy a better cue for the money if you're willing to do the sanding on it. Also, for spending another £20 you'll get a well made case as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
              I own a standard ebony cue from Wood's and a friend of mine ordered a 3 start cue as well. Both of the cues arrived with a lacquered finish that, while very smooth when new, deteriorated over time into a grippy mess.

I opted to sand the finish off myself using the instructions on Mike Wooldridge's site and now I'm very happy with the cue. It plays very well - comparable in playability to my very well made Andy Travis cue.

I personally don't think you can buy a better cue for the money if you're willing to do the sanding on it. Also, for spending another £20 you'll get a well made case as well.
              Post some Pics of your cue...

Am planning to get a standard Ebony Butt Maple Cue from them

Comment

Here are some pictures. The splicing is very even if that's something you're very concerned about and I also like the chevrons. If you email the site they'll post you pictures of the cue you're interested in just like the ones I received here.

Comment

Is that genuine ebony?

Comment

I do believe it is yes. Looking very very closely in the right light you can see the join of the final two opposing splices.

Comment

Snapped my Woods cue and put it in the bin a couple of weeks ago, it felt really liberating
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

sorry cant see the pictures and the URL points to "access denied"
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Excelent Looking Shaft...

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                            Snapped my Woods cue and put it in the bin a couple of weeks ago, it felt really liberating
                            I'm assuming you didn't get on with it?

Comment

After not playing snooker for nearly 3 years and selling all my cues i decided i needed a game as with all the tv coverage snookeer is getting so i have played with all types of cues over my 30 years or so of playing snooker from £40 to as much as £600 and i decided i was just going to buy a basic cue so i too opted to buy a cue online from woods. The cue i went for was the ash hendry replica cue but when it arrived from china it had been snapped in transit..after sending them an email the gladly sent me out a replacement cue free of charge and told me too keep the snapped cue. They never had any more of the hendry replica cues left in stock so the send me a dearer cue as its replacement..cue was here in 5 days from china. Nice lookin cue but was covered in cheap varnish/laquer..after 2 days of scraping/sanding all the carap of the cue and giving it a good few coats of oil it has changed the look and feel of this cue 100% i will get some pics of the cue op once i remember how to do it..
                              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Working...
                              X