No announcement yet.

Omin cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I don't know if they are Chinese made or Thai made. Even our local authorized dealer of Omin is no longer sure if the Omin cues he was importing is genuine Thai made or Chinese made after the brand being registered by a Chinese company. He suspected they are now being made in Tai Shan, China. And he stopped importing or selling Omin altogether, and suggested me to buy Master instead.

Comment

Trademark-wise, these Chinese ones may now actually be the genuine one. But may not be the good old Thailand ones made by Mr Omin. I hope at least he is still making some of the cues for this company.

Let me send an enquiry to that Chinese Omin company and see what they say.

Comment

Difficult to find an Omin cue. Mr O doesn't speak any English. As he sell a lot of cues in asia he isnt interested in going international.
        I went 2 times to his shop in Bangkok. The shop isnt easy to find either.

Lucky my girlfriend is thai and can translate things.
        Dont try to bargain with Mr O. He is pure thai...and get annoyed very easily if you try to bargain.

I during those 2 visits I bought 2 cues. One of them I can sell.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          Are these the genuine Thai ones though. Or are they the Chinese rip off version??
          This is the chinese version. I went to the Thai shop several times. Never saw any cues looking like these

Comment

Originally Posted by zenith View Post
            Trademark-wise, these Chinese ones may now actually be the genuine one. But may not be the good old Thailand ones made by Mr Omin. I hope at least he is still making some of the cues for this company.

Let me send an enquiry to that Chinese Omin company and see what they say.
            He is definitely still making cues and is still very popular in asia.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ollybowcott View Post
              So where can I get one from
              I have one I can sell. Good playing cues...good reponse.
              spec : Omin Imagine : 57 - 9,4 18,3 OZ balance around 17,5 i think. 4 splices of snakewood.
              Now I play with an Omin maximum 147 (is same as ultimate only metal badge.) spec : 58"1/4, 9,6 18,3 Oz .

One of those two I can sell

Comment

Just saw on fb that mr Omin is starting to put his face on his ultimate cues now lol....
                Keep practising, keep focus, enjoy the game you love

Comment

I have 2 Omin cues currently, the Climax is 17 years old now and I just got my custom made Classic less than a week ago. The price is somewhat reasonable if you don't go for the range topping ones. Both cues are well balanced, some might say it's a bit springy, however the Classic's finish could be better(the lacquer part made it look cheap). I sanded and oiled the cue to make up for it. If you want I can try to contact my friend so when he goes there he can order it. Was surprised I got a freshly made cue in a short period of time.

Comment

I bought an o'min cue from this german online store https://mcbillard.de/index.php/cat/c5_Snooker-Queues
                    I bought the o'min classic a few years ago and I think it plays great. Can anyone tell where these are from?

Comment

Originally Posted by steinkaare View Post
                      I bought an o'min cue from this german online store https://mcbillard.de/index.php/cat/c5_Snooker-Queues
                      I bought the o'min classic a few years ago and I think it plays great. Can anyone tell where these are from?
                      That will be from Thailand, (the original and best), some now are made in China and are no where near as good

Comment

Dell they seem to get a steady supply of the original omin cue then. How can you tell the difference between the Chinese and the original?

Comment

The Chinese one's tend to use different names for the cues

Comment

Working...
                          X