Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Barrow's tour at Ton Praram workshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJjpljROkPI

First episode of Nic Barrow's visit to Ton Praram workshop in Bangkok.
    Very interesting to see Nic is getting into cues as well.
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Yeah i was watching it this morning. It's pretty interesting

Comment

has he got a deal with Ton... (or just in the area for visit)

it says it's 1 of 5 so will be interesting to see whats in the other videos..

the only thing which is annoying is that the sound quality is terrible. So it really takes the edge off what is being said so for me it
      detracts from watching it..

i've got one of ton's cue's it's a lovely piece of wood so it will be interested to see the other video's..

Comment

Nic had been associated with Acuerate cues awhile ago so I guess that deal is gone now. Which I agree with as I always though Acuerate cues were not too well made, at least the bulk of them.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Right at the end there when she's talking and he turns away and says "that's great" :biggrin-new:
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Nic had been associated with Acuerate cues awhile ago so I guess that deal is gone now. Which I agree with as I always though Acuerate cues were not too well made, at least the bulk of them.
            Yeah, I think he ditched the Acuerate, as he is playing with a MW at the moment. And I fully agree with you Terry on the overall quality of Acuerate cues...pretty poor! All of their cues I got in hands were not well made and not in good shape after a couple of years. Ink on badge had disappeared, splice work was very average, awful shaft quality...surely not worth the amount of money they are requiring these days.
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Did I hear right, did the lady say there are only two craftsmen( and Ton) making all the cues? That's some going.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Did I hear right, did the lady say there are only two craftsmen( and Ton) making all the cues? That's some going.
                There's more than that, the guy they were referring to is the 1st one he started off with.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  There's more than that, the guy they were referring to is the 1st one he started off with.
                  Cheers Narl, I cleaned my ears out. It's near the end she says they started out with two craftsmen and Ton, with her helping in a small workshop but then moved to the bigger place.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Cheers Narl, I cleaned my ears out. It's near the end she says they started out with two craftsmen and Ton, with her helping in a small workshop but then moved to the bigger place.
                    Certainly pays Ton a little more than being a Ladyboy would have(insert stiff shaft jokes)
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Part 2

Comment

thats five minutes of my life i will never get back

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                          thats five minutes of my life i will never get back
                          lol, yeah cringeworthy

Comment

Working...
                          X