JOhn Higgins' cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    I thought TW's cue he made for Higgins was Red Amboyna Burr , the same i have in my TW cue .

Matthew Stevens cue is a Hunt & O'Bryne that was damaged at the butt , and then fixed by Robert Osborne . No idea what the badge is in the cue though .
    I think this was the cue Trevor made for John. Not sure if that was before or after the re-splicing ( think it was before ? ).

Comment

That's the one , thanks for posting .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
        I thought the TW for JH was a 1pc? Also tthat cue ( pictured ), is a 3pc.. and totally round butt? Trevor does make some CRACKING cues doesn't he? It's no wonder he has a long waiting list!

Surprised you don;t recognise it, its actually this one

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-s-almost-here

Been modified since then to give the butt some width and the tip bigger, when i got it the butt was 26mm and the tip around 8.8 ish mm. Now its closer to 29mm and 9.7ish tip size. Weight is around 17.8, not sure where the other 1.2 oz or so went, presumably it was modified before i got it.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          I think this was the cue Trevor made for John. Not sure if that was before or after the re-splicing ( think it was before ? ).

That's after the resplicing, before the coco bolo grain was much heavier. It had an ebony face splice at one point as well.

Comment

I think it's one of John's TW cue

JH01.jpgJH02.jpgJH03.jpgJH04.jpgJH05.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by fatnew View Post
              I think it's one of John's TW cue

[ATTACH]18737[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18738[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18739[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18740[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18741[/ATTACH]
              Yeah that's the same cue as above, that's how the cocobolo originally looked before it was planed off and respliced . A real pity as that figuring was really a one off from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                Yeah that's the same cue as above, that's how the cocobolo originally looked before it was planed off and respliced . A real pity as that figuring was really a one off from what I've seen.
                it's the most beautiful cocobolo i've ever seen, what a pity

Comment

Just went through my email trail from Trevor, he sent me the pictures of the cue and he also said it was the most amazing Cocobolo that
                  he had ever used . And he was disappointed that he had to re-splice the cue .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    Surprised you don;t recognise it, its actually this one

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-s-almost-here

Been modified since then to give the butt some width and the tip bigger, when i got it the butt was 26mm and the tip around 8.8 ish mm. Now its closer to 29mm and 9.7ish tip size. Weight is around 17.8, not sure where the other 1.2 oz or so went, presumably it was modified before i got it.
                    Not sure why you linked me to a cue I ordered from Trevor. Didn't think that had anything to do with the query relating to JH's cue? Oh well.. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                      Not sure why you linked me to a cue I ordered from Trevor. Didn't think that had anything to do with the query relating to JH's cue? Oh well.. lol
                      Just thought you'd like to see how it looks now

Comment

Working...
                      X