Parris featurette on bbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

…………………………………………..
    Last edited by ghost121; 28 April 2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
      The BBC are only happy when they are trotting out cliches. No depth whatsoever, just the same old nonsense year in year out from a bunch of has-been lovies. And the fact that most pros think Parris makes the best snooker cues just shows how ignorant they are concerning the equipment they use.
      It'd make a refreshing change for the pros, ex pros when interviewed to divert from Parris and name drop a whole host of other cue makers but I can't ever see that happening on the BBC's watch! The clip I caught yesterday was with Hazel and Hendry. In fairness anyone on the panel asked to comment on Parris's work following that clip would have nothing but praise for his work I'm sure, regardless of their views on other cuemakers, just like Hendry did yesterday.

Comment

http://www.worldsnooker.com/bid-spec...hn-parris-cue/

Can bid on the cue via email and you get a dvd of it being made as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

Can bid on the cue via email and you get a dvd of it being made as well.
          £1500 tho is current bid

Comment

I like the front splice and vanere does eny one no what it is ?
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Sorry just clicked the link its a nice looking cue
              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Current bid is £1500 , thought they would have made more doing a raffle at £10 a ticket .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                  I like the front splice and vanere does eny one no what it is ?
                  Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                  Sorry just clicked the link its a nice looking cue
                  it is bocote (the feature sub-titles states "foccocia", but when did subtitles get it right :biggrin with 2xmaple and 1x black veneers

£1500 for the cue, extensions and a case (note not a JP case :wink better than most ebay prices
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Why is it always Parris that gets shown on the TV by the BBC? Does seem to have a monopoly with them - I don't think it is fair that they do this personally given that it is supposed to be an independent broadcaster- there are other cue makers out there too.

Comment

Doesn't seem like many of the others go to the Crucible, and if they did, its doubtful most would recognise who they were, BBC included.

Comment

Ooooh I never knew JP went there to shine Ronnie's stick....

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          it is bocote (the feature sub-titles states "foccocia", but when did subtitles get it right :biggrin with 2xmaple and 1x black veneers

£1500 for the cue, extensions and a case (note not a JP case :wink better than most ebay prices
                          Thanks Dean i saw it lol its a nice looking cue mite get Andy Travis to make me a rep of it
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                          X