Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Glover, Crispian Jones, Exquisite, Jason Owen, how would you rank them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by chunyin_gary View Post
    hahaa i found from the web, Reg Wright Cue, though i hvnt heard before... would it be better than Glover?
    Hard to say it would be better...all cues play different, however all the cues I have had a couple of frames with from Reg are all really great players and very well made

Comment

Reg is very rare in HK, let me do more research on it hahaa

Comment

He made cues for Marco Fu a few years ago
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Would say have a look at mine lol

Have seen Glover cues and some Jason Owen as well... Even extended one of his a couple of times...
          Both very good makers and don't think you would good wrong with either
          For that one you've always wanted...
          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Im wanting to get a new cue can anyone say what they think is the best one to get is? Mike woolridge black lengend, stamford 1 series or a parris ultimate. Forget the prices and waiting time if u could pick one which one would it be. Iv saved alot up to can one of these so want to make sure its the right one and hopfully my last cue.

Comment

There are a lot of cues for sale on the hk cues Facebook forum. If you are in hk you can try the cue to see if it suits first. That's your best bet rather than buy online

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                There are a lot of cues for sale on the hk cues Facebook forum. If you are in hk you can try the cue to see if it suits first. That's your best bet rather than buy online
                Just wonder how many are legit considering where it is.

Comment

I ordered a cue from a maker, chose materials, design etc and although I was happy with waiting time at first (was told 2 years), the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I really wanted something sooner because I had just started playing again after a long break, had joined a local team etc. the cue I had was past it. it was a mess, ferrule damaged, a lot of filler had went missing over the years because while it may have been oil finished etc. it probably wasn't a first class job... it really needed a good going over, plus the more I tried other cues I realised that the weight wasn't enough, I really wanted something heavier.
                  I ended up seeing one of the exquisite cues on here Raymond was selling, I thought I liked the look of that so took a leap of faith and went for it, he adapted it to the tip size and length I was after, fitted a base joint and supplied a mini butt. the cue I originally ordered came almost three years later, it was beautiful. I played with it, it went back in the case, I went back to my exquisite and its been like that since. absolutely love my exquisite. unless something happens to it I wont be using anything probably ever. another thing is that a number of folk have had a hit or two with my cue and have never yet had anyone say anything other than that's a good hitter.
                  the other cue I decided it was too good to get rid of so my mate uses it. its looked after though.
                  :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Clarky8 View Post
                    Im wanting to get a new cue can anyone say what they think is the best one to get is? Mike woolridge black lengend, stamford 1 series or a parris ultimate. Forget the prices and waiting time if u could pick one which one would it be. Iv saved alot up to can one of these so want to make sure its the right one and hopfully my last cue.
                    i ll go for Mike for sure!

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                      I ordered a cue from a maker, chose materials, design etc and although I was happy with waiting time at first (was told 2 years), the more I thought about it, the more I realised that I really wanted something sooner because I had just started playing again after a long break, had joined a local team etc. the cue I had was past it. it was a mess, ferrule damaged, a lot of filler had went missing over the years because while it may have been oil finished etc. it probably wasn't a first class job... it really needed a good going over, plus the more I tried other cues I realised that the weight wasn't enough, I really wanted something heavier.
                      I ended up seeing one of the exquisite cues on here Raymond was selling, I thought I liked the look of that so took a leap of faith and went for it, he adapted it to the tip size and length I was after, fitted a base joint and supplied a mini butt. the cue I originally ordered came almost three years later, it was beautiful. I played with it, it went back in the case, I went back to my exquisite and its been like that since. absolutely love my exquisite. unless something happens to it I wont be using anything probably ever. another thing is that a number of folk have had a hit or two with my cue and have never yet had anyone say anything other than that's a good hitter.
                      the other cue I decided it was too good to get rid of so my mate uses it. its looked after though.
                      i texted Raymond in fb but he doesnt reply me at all omg😅

Comment

I've tried as well, I want to get the cue refinished. After 4/5 years of regular use it'd be nice to send it away to get it 'serviced'...
                        I was also trying to get in touch a while back to get a mini butt joint off him, he never got back to me. I believe in giving time for someone to reply but he just never did to any of my messages. His communication skills ain't the best, in fact, they're crap but his cues are lovely. There's a couple of guys in my club that use them.
                        :snooker:

Comment

I've only used Tony Glover when having a new tip or ferrule put on. Personally I think he's brilliant having seen the new cues and alterations he has made on friends cues.
                          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                          X