Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coutts and Cook

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for advice on these two makers who apparently teamed up in 2014 to make an "Empire" range of cues. There's one for sale on eBay which potentially I'm interested in buying : I really like the look of the cue and it's specs fit with what I'm looking for.

Problem is that in researching a bit on the forum there appeared to be rumors out that these cues were not really hand made by either of the two makers but manufactured for the Chinese market from a workshop within China.

There supposedly is a website www.Couttsandcook.co.uk that is a dead link.

Can anyone confirm that this is/was indeed the case? If so I'm really not interested in paying anywhere near what is being asked for this cue and it's "certificate of authenticity"

get in touch with dave at couttscues.co.uk and ask about it.
    :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750
      Ha ha ha as if if he's going to tell you ehh
      hahaa aye

Comment

Exactly why I'm asking here. I may be a newbie here but no need to be insulting. These guys are asking a premium for these cues which clearly wouldn't be justifiable if they never laid a hand on them. If anyone has a constructive answer please feel free to post. Not exactly a friendly welcome to the forum. Thanks for your input

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
          get in touch with dave at couttscues.co.uk and ask about it.
          This is insulting. You yourself stated that he wouldn't give an honest answer

Comment

@jrc750 and now you delete your post after flaming me?

Comment

Originally Posted by Lazaros View Post
              @jrc750 and now you delete your post after flaming me?
              Had enough of idiots

Comment

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for advice on these two makers who apparently teamed up in 2014 to make an "Empire" range of cues. There's one for sale on eBay which potentially I'm interested in buying : I really like the look of the cue and it's specs fit with what I'm looking for.

Problem is that in researching a bit on the forum there appeared to be rumors out that these cues were not really hand made by either of the two makers but manufactured for the Chinese market from a workshop within China.

There supposedly is a website www.Couttsandcook.co.uk that is a dead link.

Can anyone confirm that this is/was indeed the case? If so I'm really not interested in paying anywhere near what is being asked for this cue and it's "certificate of authenticity"
                The answer is on the certificate pictured in the listing where it states that the cue is signed by Coutts and Cook to verify that the cue was made to their high quality standards. Obviously made by someone else.

Comment

This is insulting. You yourself stated that he wouldn't give an honest answer
                  It wasn't meant to be insulting. Cue makers don't have swathes of folk working with them but in this instance Dave coutts is a family business as well, someone may help you. Jrc's comment I didn't see anything wrong with either. And to be honest he may be right bit its still might be worth a punt. But if you took it as offence then fair enough. I wholeheartedly apologise x

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                    It wasn't meant to be insulting. Cue makers don't have swathes of folk working with them but in this instance Dave coutts is a family business as well, someone may help you. Jrc's comment I didn't see anything wrong with either. And to be honest he may be right bit its still might be worth a punt. But if you took it as offence then fair enough. I wholeheartedly apologise x
                    It takes a big person to apologize. Thanks for that. My apologies in return if I was over sensitive to your comment.

Comment

It takes a big person to apologize. Thanks for that. My apologies in return if I was over sensitive to your comment.
                      Nae worries at all. Best of luck with your search

Comment

Wouldn't touch that cue with a barge pole, much like Will Hunt they've intentionally worded the certificate so it could be construed that they could have made it but not necessarily. Note how they have the words "cuemaker" under their signatures yet it doesn't actually say they made it.

Honestly getting fed up of this kind of bs going on with craftily worded certificates that Will Hunt seems to have started.

Comment

Thanks for your insight. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I will rather stay away and look for something else. It really is misleading and frustrating trying to navigate this minefield of semi-truths and lies by these previously highly regarded cue makers

Comment

Crispian Jones will make you a good cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                              Crispian Jones will make you a good cue.
                              Will have a look down that route. If I'm to order a cue I'm really tempted in an MW legend or tiger.

Comment

Working...
                              X