No announcement yet.

1 piece or 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use both 3/4 and 1pc (a pool cue and a snooker cue respectively) and, as has been said above, maybe I am also one of those players not good enough to tell the difference but I don't.
    Transportation, of course a smaller case is easier to lug around
    But if I am playing snooker I take the 1pc and love it; the thought of "oh bugger the big case" as I am leaving the house does not cross my mind; I am focussed on the coming frames

I only think about it possibly being a burden is when I see the reciprocal threads about how awkward are they? :biggrin:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
      I remember Andy Gibbs had a few 3/4 cues a while back, that were made from 1 piece cues.
      I thought all cues were made as a piece and then cut to make a 3/4 but I might be wrong about that as I have never made a cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
        I thought all cues were made as a piece and then cut to make a 3/4 but I might be wrong about that as I have never made a cue.
        No definitely not the case.
        If you see a cue split through the splices or just above them (through the ash shaft) then those were a one piece

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
          Generally speaking, a 3/4 cue will be made by marrying a short ash ( maple, whatever ) shaft with a few splice fingers added to the shaft section, to a solid turned butt .

Comment

3/4 for me, purely on transportation

Comment

Where is master blaster when you need him? He would tell us the why's and where for's.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                Where is master blaster when you need him? He would tell us the why's and where for's.
                Presumably either taken the hint, or here in stealth mode under a new account.

Comment

Time to try some Blaster baiting then.

I really think that brass makes a cue much better, the more brass the better the feel. I would say if a solid brass cue didn't weigh too much it would be the perfect cue, but for now I'll just have to make do with a kiln dried (none of that air dried crap) 3/4 jointed cue. If anyone has a cue with a 3/4 joint and a centre split joint, get in touch, that's the cue for me

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Time to try some Blaster baiting then.

I really think that brass makes a cue much better, the more brass the better the feel. I would say if a solid brass cue didn't weigh too much it would be the perfect cue, but for now I'll just have to make do with a kiln dried (none of that air dried crap) 3/4 jointed cue. If anyone has a cue with a 3/4 joint and a centre split joint, get in touch, that's the cue for me
                    Haven't you heard ? The best feel is a cue with BOTH center joint AND 3/4 joint,

nice chunky brass one with shaft wood that was plucked out of the water in a bog, before it could get very wet. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had my one piece split into a 3/4 and there is absolutely no difference in how it plays. The joint is just above the splices like Mark Williams' cue and it now fits into a standard 3/4 case whereas before, seeing it was 62 inches long, it was a hell of a job getting it in and out of cars in its 65 inch wooden case.
                      I'm sure I tore through a few car roof linings in the past

Comment

Working...
                      X