No announcement yet.

Do the pro's use a 1 Piece Cue or 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I moving to one piece because I've not had great luck with 3/4 joints .

My last two 3/4 had to have the joints reset after a year or so . And I'm not rough with the cues ..
    I have other 3/4 cues that have never had an issue. However I've ordered a new one piece so no going back now lol .

Hate Carri g around a one piece case though lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

My last two 3/4 had to have the joints reset after a year or so . And I'm not rough with the cues ..
      I have other 3/4 cues that have never had an issue. However I've ordered a new one piece so no going back now lol .

I've been thinking about a one piece for a while and the guys in the team said the case wouldn't work with cars.

Years ago that's all we had so I have been taking a one piece cues to games (with a 3/4 cue in it) to see how we get on; not really been much said at all and lots of times the one piece goes between the two front seats as it's too long for the boot.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        I've been thinking about a one piece for a while and the guys in the team said the case wouldn't work with cars.

Years ago that's all we had so I have been taking a one piece cues to games (with a 3/4 cue in it) to see how we get on; not really been much said at all and lots of times the one piece goes between the two front seats as it's too long for the boot.
        It's not that bad, Marc.
        Especially those hello cases. Fits easily in a car.

Comment

AlThough , peradon leather cases are indeed APITA .
          When it comes to travel .

Comment

Why don't you make your own Catch? Those two you stuck up on here look the dugs nuts.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              It's not that bad, Marc.
              Especially those hello cases. Fits easily in a car.
              I don't really see it as a problem really, we're just a little spoilt nowadays.

You've never experienced awkward until you have 4 of you in a mini cooper, all with one piece cues and the driver just having had a curry in a 106 mile round trip for 1 match frame.

That was awkward and that was the eighties!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                AlThough , peradon leather cases are indeed APITA .
                When it comes to travel .
                The wide Peradon Leather cases don't look too bad to handle but I guess you mean the 1 piece. Nice cases but a little tight on room for anything other than the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Why don't you make your own Catch? Those two you stuck up on here look the dugs nuts.
                  I must have missed those. Can you remember which thread?

Comment

I must have missed those. Can you remember which thread?
                    Threads called 2nd attempt
                    In the cues section( this one) about halfway down the thread page. They are very good Shockerz.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Threads called 2nd attempt
                      In the cues section( this one) about halfway down the thread page. They are very good Shockerz.
                      No pics I think as it was photobucket.

Comment

No pics I think as it was photobucket.
                        Yeah photobucket mate . Il start a new thread sometime .

Il send you the pics over FB messenger . Although I think you've maybe seen them already

Comment

Hi mate .Thanks for the kind words . Yeah I've been playing with a cue I made myself for a wee while now . Made my highest break with it recently too lol . The cue is a little short for me though and I've got a few cues to make for local people . It would be a while before I got around to having the time to make one just for me .

My main playing cue was my GBL 3/4 but the joint went on it a while ago . The cue went to MAC cues to have the joint replaced with a better one as I don't have a lathe to change it properly myself . Richy had a plain black ebony one piece in 59" . He offered it to me to take away and tryout .

I played with it for a week and really liked it . I spoke to Richy and asked him if he would add a front splice to it with maple veneer and matching mini butt and he agreed. So that's where the cue is now . His cues are stunning and the finish is amazing aswell

I got lucky that the cue I tried suited my game and I played well with it from the first go . So it was an easy decision to buy it and have it made to the way I want .

Add all that to the fact Richy has been great with giving me advice regarding the cues etc

Can't wait till it's finished now lol

Comment

Yeah photobucket mate . Il start a new thread sometime .

Il send you the pics over FB messenger . Although I think you've maybe seen them already
                            I may well have mate.

The thing about having a bad memory is you can enjoy the same stuff time and time again!

Comment

I may well have mate.

The thing about having a bad memory is you can enjoy the same stuff time and time again!
                              That is until someone tells you, you've told them that 3 times already lol
                              For that one you've always wanted...
                              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Told me what? :distracted:

Comment

Working...
                                X