No announcement yet.

Difference between Top Brands and local Handmade cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to chesworths a few times to take friends, personally I don't like mastercue's but I might go there to have a feel of weight and specifications.

Comment

With the Mastercue all of the ones i've played with (5 friends own one) have the bottom of the cue varnished which I dislike the feeling

Comment

I've used a Andy Travis cue for the last 4 years, it started as a one piece and is now a 3/4 pool cue, I got it new from him and all the work was done by him, I'd recommend him to deal with, nice bloke

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
          I've used a Andy Travis cue for the last 4 years, it started as a one piece and is now a 3/4 pool cue, I got it new from him and all the work was done by him, I'd recommend him to deal with, nice bloke
          Yeah, once I've got the expenses out of the way and decided on specs because my current cue is very heavy so need to decide on a weight. Don't want to jump down to a super light cue somewhere in the 17-18oz mark with a 9.25mm tip probably.

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
            Does your cue have a varnished butt? In his photos they don't look it but some of the designs look shiny where I think it's the lighting.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
              Surprised he has not pulled his hair out yet from talking to him..
              Fingers crossed they leave me alone...
              i am pretty sure you will be ok...
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bradley129 View Post
                Does your cue have a varnished butt? In his photos they don't look it but some of the designs look shiny where I think it's the lighting.
                It's the light, he uses some sort of wax for the butt and oil for the shaft

Comment

Working...
                X