Can someone explain Paris cue designations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain Paris cue designations

I've been seeing so many Parris cues advertised under so many different names : traditional, paragon, master, red glue etc etc....

Other than the ultimate I'm not really sure what everything means. His website doesn't really give any info except on what they're currently selling.

Can anyone take the time to give me an idiots guide to Parris cues?

Special, Paragon and Ultimate are made to measure cues, the rest are just "stock cues".

Comment

I don't understand what you need to know, it's really quite straightforward

You have the "Standard" range of cues which he calls "Collection" here https://www.parriscues.com/products/...lection/price/

Then you get limited edition range here https://www.parriscues.com/products/...edition/price/

Then you have the upper levels of "Special" "Paragon" and "Ultimate" where you decide the look of the cue, for this you have to use the "cue builder"
      (which i can't link to here as Google chrome cannot use adobe flash nowadays)

The "Master Cue" was a machine spliced cue that is no longer made so doesn't appear on the website

The red glue reference is just to a certain time period when he used a red glue to fix the splices on with, some think it refers to a time when John himself was making the cues rather than his current workforce

Does that help or confuse ?

Comment

Thanks - it does make more sense now. I'm trying to understand the variety of cues advertised on eBay and what dictates value.

But what I guess I'm also asking is what makes one cue better than the next? Or how does one rate the cues in terms of quality and value? Are the cues in the graphic above starting with the cheapest and most basic at "A" and becoming better quality and more expensive at "I" or is it simply a differentiation between different splicing techniques etc.

If you had to list Parris cues in order of value from cheapest to most valuable how would you list them?

Comment

Or if you were in the market for a Parris cue : what would be your preference sub £1000?

Comment

get a 3/4 ultimate plain ebony that would be under 1000 lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Lazaros View Post
              Thanks - it does make more sense now. I'm trying to understand the variety of cues advertised on eBay and what dictates value.

But what I guess I'm also asking is what makes one cue better than the next? Or how does one rate the cues in terms of quality and value? Are the cues in the graphic above starting with the cheapest and most basic at "A" and becoming better quality and more expensive at "I" or is it simply a differentiation between different splicing techniques etc.

If you had to list Parris cues in order of value from cheapest to most valuable how would you list them?
              You need to spend some time looking at his website, prices are all there to be found.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                You need to spend some time looking at his website, prices are all there to be found.
                if you're using ebay as a price guide check the completed/sold listings rather than active listings. best place to start though is the parris site

Comment

Working...
                X