No announcement yet.

New cue makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cues are hand spliced but then cnc tapered.
    If you read over things on the site it explains it all.

Mike

Comment

Cues all have a min weight at 18 ounces (ebony butt) although we can do lighter depending on the splicing used. It shows once you add other splicing going down to 17.5 ounces.
      Q) where do you see 16 ounces written as i would like to know??
      Would like to see that as i can't seem to find that.

Mike

Comment

hi, we could use standard joints like others and not cnc taper and finish the cues but then we would be the same as every other cue maker. We do have very good splicing levels and from the research and cues i sell in my other business the best in the market for this.
        We pick high end quality woods and due to the way we manufacture and our location ( actually USA) not made in China the rates for workers are higher.

Not interested in making cheap end cues or things the same as others as we want our business to be unique.
        Mike

Comment

hi, if the cue is plain ebony i have it set at 18 ounces.
          When splicing is added if you check it then goes down to 17.5 ounces.

If you have made cues before you would know that ebony is one of the heavier timbers and a plain ebony cue without drilling out is hard to get below 19 ounces.

Regards

Mike

Comment

we could be like all others and use a standard cue joint and not cnc taper the cues and be less expensive. The reason i have done what i have is to have a better finish to the cues as well as something different.
            There's no use being the same as others as we need a point of difference.

Mike

Comment

cues don't go down to 16 ounces so can you show me where thats written?
              18 ounces on plan ebony and then when you select other splicing that goes down to 17.5 ounces.

Please let me know where you saw 16 ounces.

regards

Mike
              Last edited by cambridge; 9 June 2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

The 16oz I referred to was for John Parris cues as I was responding to a comment Re his cues.

Comment

Cues can be made lower than 17 oz depending on the weight of the ash. It's heavier than 16oz because metal weight is added. If a cue is made without any metal weights, it can only reach 16 to 16.5oz depending on weight of ash and how high is your ebony. Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by cambridge View Post
                    hi, we could use standard joints like others and not cnc taper and finish the cues but then we would be the same as every other cue maker. We do have very good splicing levels and from the research and cues i sell in my other business the best in the market for this.
                    We pick high end quality woods and due to the way we manufacture and our location ( actually USA) not made in China the rates for workers are higher.

Not interested in making cheap end cues or things the same as others as we want our business to be unique.
                    Mike
                    Sounds like you are like every other cue maker as you can buy a cue made in china that is hand spliced and then turned on a cnc machine for £50, so where the 'unique' angle comes in I'm not sure.
                    Unless your joints are made of gold and not brass and your cnc operator is making $200 an hour your prices are too high for what is essentially a mass produced item.
                    Top UK snooker cue makers hand plane and hand splice their cues, we're paying for their time and their craft, what are we paying for with yours, not made in China ?

Comment

Further to my above post I've just used the cuemaker on your website, went for a one piece snooker cue at 57 inches long with plain ebony butt and mini butt with extra shaft ? and the list came out thus

cue for snooker $100
                      ash shaft $200
                      joint position $50
                      joint position + type of wood $55
                      butt design, no design $50
                      cue weight 18oz's (couldn't get any lighter)
                      cue tip, navigator $10
                      mini butt $65
                      extra ash shaft $170

grand total of $700

Now how come I can get a one piece hand spliced cue with a joint and an extra shaft and have to pay an extra $50 for no butt design ?

Comment

Mike,

I also have had a quick look at your website and have a question about something I've seen?....

This bit....

The normal for most cue makers is that the cue maker decides on the balance of the cue not the purchaser where at Cue Creator you make the decisions.

So your the only maker that can give a balance point were someone wants it?
                        Even before I was making them, plenty of other makes over here would let customers decide that...
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          Mike,

I also have had a quick look at your website and have a question about something I've seen?....

This bit....

The normal for most cue makers is that the cue maker decides on the balance of the cue not the purchaser where at Cue Creator you make the decisions.

So your the only maker that can give a balance point were someone wants it?
                          Even before I was making them, plenty of other makes over here would let customers decide that...
                          I believe Reg Wright always asks if the customer wants any specific BP.

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            I believe Reg Wright always asks if the customer wants any specific BP.

Hi Dean,

I know a few makers that did just that from years ago.
                            So trying to say they do what other makers don't....
                            Stretch of the truth at best!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                              Hi Dean,

I know a few makers that did just that from years ago.
                              So trying to say they do what other makers don't....
                              Stretch of the truth at best!
                              Hi Colin
                              I am sure others do, so as you say the "fake news" of saying no one else does ...

Maybe Cambridge is referring to other US cue makers?
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Hi Colin
                                I am sure others do, so as you say the "fake news" of saying no one else does ...
                                Dean,

I'm happy to do it myself but non have asked yet...
                                Think I do a got job in getting the balanced pretty well anyway..

Comment

Working...
                                X