17.5oz vs 19.5oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Reycerb View Post
    Hi folks, is there a substantial difference in feel between these 2 weights when actually using the cue? Basically the cue I'm having made will come out at 19.5, I usually play with a 17/17.5. I'm looking for advice on wether it will feel massively different.

Cheers.
    I own three Parris cues: a 17oz Executive, a 17.5oz Limited Edition 5 and an Ultimate 19.5/20oz. All the same length (57") and all 9.5mm tip. The difference between the two lighter cues and the heavier Ultimate is HUGE. My normal playing cue is the 17.5oz Limited Edition and playing with the Ultimate is like playing with a baseball bat, notwithstanding that the Ultimate is a beautifully made cue (which you would expect from a top of the range Parris cue). DON'T jump from a 17/17.5oz cue to a 19.5/20oz. It will stuff your mind and your game up . Been there done that!!!!!
    You are welcome to come visit me to experience the difference yourself. I live in NZ so just flick me your flight details and I'll pick you up at the airport

Comment

I have chosen to keep it as a 1 piece, which was my first choice tbf. I'd rather not try to adjust to using a heavier cue, I managed to play a few shots with one yesterday, such a difference, couldn't get along with it at all.
      :snooker:
      Crucible 77's Welsh Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner!

Comment

Does a lighter cue make touch shots or judging pace easier? Or is it all in the balance point?

Comment

Working...
        X