j6 cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Broom cupboards are magic. Every now and again cues turn up in mine, my wife and I have no idea where they come from.

Jamie and the magic torch

Comment

• Would like to see a video of you using that 61 inch one piece, at six foot four I reckon it will suit you perfectly. BTW, the 3/4, have you finally gotten yourself a lathe for joint work ?
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I had a client send me this so as to retaper and refinish, to the same taper and feel as to his friends cue who recently started using a cue I made.
        Took roughly 0.5oz of wood out of the center to lower part of the cue, and I finished it by hand, fine planing out any rollsanding bumps and flats.
        Didn’t notice too much of a difference playing with the cue before and after the work as the cue was very stiff but felt better moving through the hands on and around the table..

Last edited by j6uk; 1 November 2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Great work. I have a queation. By how many mil should the cue reduce to make it lighter by an ounce? Just a rough estimate will do.

Comment

• Nice to see someone using a scraper 'J,' rare nowadays it seems.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              Nice to see someone using a scraper 'J,' rare nowadays it seems.
              It’s a great tool in many ways, and in this case the prep work for fine planing.. but I understand why there not used, as not much is done by hand.
              I always remind myself, ‘I can have it done before any machines or jig has been setup.

Comment

• Couple of choice constructions I’ve been testing over the weekend..

Last edited by j6uk; 2 November 2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Nice to see you're still spending a decent bit of time in the workshop mate.
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Comment

• wow that is some figuring
                      wenge?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Lovely looking cue

Comment

• Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            Lovely. Kingwood?

Comment

• my guess is wenge
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• JUST CLASS!!!

love it with the veneers, nothing flashy, looks so simple but there is like zero room for error there

and these butterlies are a perfect way to use great shafts that are on the short side

and nobody else is really doing them, perfect way to stick out from the crowd
                                Last edited by matthias; 22 December 2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X