Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

j6 cues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    pro cue prep work


    finished off the final details of my first made to measure cue for a top tour player, will start splicing tomorrow.








    Comment


    • #47
      Are you going to badge it up jason and tell us who he is
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

      Comment


      • #48
        not sure about the badge yet, but if it ticks all the boxes i will reveal the player on the cue review.

        Comment


        • #49
          Well am sure he will love it what is he picking for splice wise
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

          Comment


          • #50
            he didnt say and i didnt ask. i had a few shots with his cue and checked the resonance. then as i was measuring it and taking notes he was saying what he liked/ didnt like, as well as the kind of cue he feels he needs.
            but i know what snooker payers are like so im under no illusions that this will be his future playing cue, though im quietly confident in the cue itself cus i know from wrestling with it that this ash is king kongs choice.

            anyway time will tell..

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by j6uk View Post
              this ash is king kongs choice.

              anyway time will tell..
              Do you mean stiff?
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by j6uk View Post
                he didnt say and i didnt ask. i had a few shots with his cue and checked the resonance. then as i was measuring it and taking notes he was saying what he liked/ didnt like, as well as the kind of cue he feels he needs.
                but i know what snooker payers are like so im under no illusions that this will be his future playing cue, though im quietly confident in the cue itself cus i know from wrestling with it that this ash is king kongs choice.

                anyway time will tell..
                Top 4 look to be happy with their cues I would say.
                Is it Hawkins

                Or perhaps it's a pool player maybe

                Lol miss read it.
                Top tour player and not a top four player
                Last edited by travisbickle; 19th September 2017, 08:04 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Do you mean stiff?
                  not really, its not overly stiff but its the toughest tree in the jungle that iv ever come across
                  Last edited by j6uk; 19th September 2017, 09:25 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    You've been grafting away with the cues for a while now. It would be great to see one being used on the tour.
                    The effort you've put in and keeping the thread updated etc..... Not to mention your video seriesis great.

                    I'm sure the player is going to get a great cue.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Catch 22 View Post
                      You've been grafting away with the cues for a while now. It would be great to see one being used on the tour.
                      The effort you've put in and keeping the thread updated etc..... Not to mention your video seriesis great.

                      I'm sure the player is going to get a great cue.
                      Gotta agree with that.
                      Really enjoyed the progress of this thread, the pics and explanations.
                      Love the fact that J has now progressed to jigs so is always moving forward.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by j6uk View Post
                        he was saying what he liked/ didnt like, as well as the kind of cue he feels he needs.
                        Is this bit confidential?

                        I'll go Maguire: if it's a Sweep

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          VERY COOL JASON!!!
                          must be the ultimate praise if one of yours will be used in the main tour.
                          would be like a 147 IN CUE MAKING

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            cheers lads, yeah im walking a windy path thats for sure.. as for the player hes in his early 20s, and after taking the measurements and a few pics of his cue he went on to make a max in a sparing sesh on the next table to me so, i know iv got my work cut out.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by j6uk View Post
                              cheers lads, yeah im walking a windy path thats for sure.. as for the player hes in his early 20s, and after taking the measurements and a few pics of his cue he went on to make a max in a sparing sesh on the next table to me so, i know iv got my work cut out.
                              Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

                              Just to be asked is a feather in your cap.

                              Gotta be in it to win as they say!

                              At the very least, get some pics for a future website even if he's just there as a visit!
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                yeah marc, it was a buzz to have a very nice player ask you to make them a cue, though im starting to feel it a bit now getting to the crunch point when all the prepping has been done and the pieces need to slot together.
                                as long as it plays as i expect im happy regardless. it actually comes of the same trunk as the last cue a few pages back.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X