Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockerz
    replied
    Another nice cue 'J' and you don't seem to have too much trouble using it!

When I came back to snooker I had a 60" cue (I'm 6ft 2) and it felt fine (fairly straight bridge arm but not as pronounced as Joe Davis).

Had a frozen should and have had to use a 57.5" and be a bit more compact to get comfortable.

I wonder how many tall players don't use a cue proportional to their height and maintain a good standard (and I don't mean me!).

Nice work again though mate.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    no doubt with a harder tip i could kinda get used to this, i just think the wood looses its vibe and consistancy if its too long. for me anything within 57.5-58.5 would be fine.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Finally seeing you use a cue that fits your physique Jason. You looked far more relaxed, straighter bridge arm, cue arm just behind the vertical at address with a slightly longer bridge for a longer backswing and follow through when needed. 61 inches too long for you at six foot four ? don't think so mate, stick with it.
    I know you disagree with me over this but a taller player needs a longer cue and three inches over standard is less than the width of your hand, nothing too severe at all. For sure you can compact your action to fit inside a standard length cue but why should you when there are cue makers like ourselves who can provide something that enables more relaxation in the stance.
    An extended standard length cue won't have the correct taper for it's length and could feel wrong, but one made to specs will have the correct taper for it's length and it's feel would be perfect. Taller man, longer legs and arms and bigger hands all have to be taken into consideration and you've nailed it with this one IMO.

All we need now are tables that can be jacked up when it's our turn.

Leave a comment:

• rdsalt
    replied
    Cue looks very nice and you look to be hitting the ball well. What is your own normal cue length? 61" is a good bit longer than standard but it didn't seem to be causing you any problems.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    cue review

https://youtu.be/FGMLoHSesBk

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

until then heres the latest im puting the finishing touches too:

wenge & ash
    19bp
    18.3oz

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by matthias View Post
    VERY VERY NICE, that shaft looks the business, hope it plays as well as it looks
    we will find out tomorrow morning..

Leave a comment:

• matthias
    replied
    VERY VERY NICE, that shaft looks the business, hope it plays as well as it looks

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
    Them or planes are great to use and only quick blade adjustment is why some of the new ones are easier and can't beat the steel on the old blade's
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Must be an awful lot lighter and easier on the shoulder muscle too. My 18 inch long bed plane weighs a ton after an hour, something Newton didn't mention in his gravitation theory, the longer you hold something, the further you carry something the heavier it gets
    will put up some pics of the wood plane rebirth..

until then heres the latest im puting the finishing touches too:

wenge & ash
    19bp
    18.3oz

Last edited by j6uk; 23 May 2018, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    my new long wooden bench plane that i used to cut the last two butterfly cues splices with, the results tell me i should stick with it. and a few old e j riely shafts i will be restoring over the coming weeks.. Whoever had this plane before certainly knew how to sharpen their irons.

Must be an awful lot lighter and easier on the shoulder muscle too. My 18 inch long bed plane weighs a ton after an hour, something Newton didn't mention in his gravitation theory, the longer you hold something, the further you carry something the heavier it gets

Leave a comment:

• Ninja.cues
    replied
    my new long wooden bench plane that i used to cut the last two butterfly cues splices with, the results tell me i should stick with it. and a few old e j riely shafts i will be restoring over the coming weeks.. Whoever had this plane before certainly knew how to sharpen their irons.

Them or planes are great to use and only quick blade adjustment is why some of the new ones are easier and can't beat the steel on the old blade's

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    and heres a very long ash and wenge but more on that later..

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    cheers marc. yeah badge gotta get on t

some good ideas there.

my first classic wenge and ash split joint on the horizon..

getting there..

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied

Last edited by j6uk; 8 May 2018, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    never got a chance to review this cue (57/11/29/19bp/18oz no weight added) but here is an email i just open today:

Hi Jason,

My cue arrived only Monday, so had a chance to try it last Friday.
    Its a very good cue. I would rate it 9 out of 10:
    Build 9/10
    Finish 9.5/10 (would be 10 if not my fast shipping and as a result cue butt end's not fully settled oil was a bit soaked/brushed tube's inner soft inlay)
    Playability 9.5/10
    Im not yet fully sure about its total weight but heavy forward balance helps so tremendously to control those heavy am.pool balls. So heavier cue front is a tremendous plus and am thinking i might get away with its natural weight.
    Am also not used to so low tip as i use max height tips so cue hit feels extreem hard hitter. But its damn precise this way.. Its just a bit different feeling to get used to.

So those are my first impressions

Ro.....s

Sounds like your getting on with it straight out of the tube, good to hear..
    I didn't get a chance to review it but, you have. If you don't mind i could cut and paste this email as a review? Otherwise you could leave a post on j6cues on tsf? No problem if you would rather not, just that its solid positive feedback.

Cheers
    Jason

You can post this no problemo.
    Looking forward to play with it more and hope to avoid the metal
    Thanks for great cue!

Ro.....s

Last edited by j6uk; 7 May 2018, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
    It will lighten with age, even with the oil finish.

yeah just starting to bring out the figures now.. and brought the cue down to 57.25"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X