4 yr wait for a JP Ultimate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Got the JPU already, guys. Its butt number is 2999 .

I do pics. Its 1.5 oz more than my 3/4 Majestic and a one piece, it does feel so different.
    wow! what a good number.
    i wait for 52 months, hope it number 3333

Comment

Wonder how many ultimate's there are out there, seeing as they used to not number them its probably an unknown number.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Wonder how many ultimate's there are out there, seeing as they used to not number them its probably an unknown number.
        I did read some years ago that there are about 30 un-numbered Ultimates. Then you have some numbered postcode cues.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I would never ever wait 5 yrs for a cue to be made!

Comment

Originally Posted by fatnew View Post
            wow! what a good number.
            i wait for 52 months, hope it number 3333
            Hahaha, Number 3000th would have been cool.
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post

Yep, if your a casual player, you just do not know if your still going to be playing..
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Only reason I can see waiting that long is if you are only buying as an investment. Still a gamble as with any commodity, value can rise and fall.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  What's the balance point if you get the chance as my jpu is due to be the similar specs ?
                  It appears to be around 15 1/2" balance point, bud. Just quickly did it on my own with my finger.

Really pleased with it. Just finished a knock and I am around 75% towards what I was doing with my other stick already. Its a keeper for sure!.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

15 1/2" is VERY butt heavy is it not ?

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
                      The best way to buy a JPU, is basically what @throtts did, imo.
                      Go down Parris and they may have one.
                      Or, wait until someone (e.g. a cue agent) who you can trust, put one on Ebay. Go, try it out and buy it.
                      You may pay 200 extra. But imo, it's worth it.
                      You do'nt have to wait that long.
                      And you get the chance to view the cue (or even try it) before you buy it.

unless, you're a collector of cours . which in that case, realy does'nt matter.
                      These guys have plenty of time and they not gonna use it anyway !!

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        It appears to be around 15 1/2" balance point, bud. Just quickly did it on my own with my finger.

Really pleased with it. Just finished a knock and I am around 75% towards what I was doing with my other stick already. Its a keeper for sure!.
                        Cheers for that. As jrc750 said I'd find 15½" too butt heavy for my tastes but it is personal preference. I requested similar weight to you but asked for balance as round 17-17½, I'll be very disappointed if my cue doesn't arrive with the spec requested.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          15 1/2" is VERY butt heavy is it not ?
                          It feels fine.

Think that my Majestic will be staying in its case now. Shame in a way because its a lovely player and now with a brand new ferrule and Elk which JP put on. Haven't even tried it with the ferrule and Elk. Its like 2 brand new sticks then .
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Cheers for that. As jrc750 said I'd find 15½" too butt heavy for my tastes but it is personal preference. I requested similar weight to you but asked for balance as round 17-17½, I'll be very disappointed if my cue doesn't arrive with the spec requested.
                            I have never messed around with cues, buddy. I was just a casual 4 to 6 hr a month pop down the club player up to getting my Star. So not sure about if 15 1/2" would be too butt heavy for you. Down the club years ago I would tend to just grab a cue and play with it if the tip was decent. ""Why buy a JPU then""?, well I was down there in the shop on the Saturday morning and knew the waits were looooong, the player cancelled just the day before on Friday so I thought screw it I take a shot and buy it, even without trying it. Its no looker though, I call it the ""ugly duckling"", could have done with another point too (chevron ) and the butt design is very simplistic.

One thing for sure though, my 1pc Ultimate is a lot more lively than my 17oz JP Majestic. So playing wise I am very pleased.
                            JP Majestic
                            3/4
                            57"
                            17oz
                            9.5mm Elk

Comment

And,,,, let me know when you get your stick and your opinion of it.

Hope its not far off now, shouldn't be....:snooker:
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

any pictures yet? :biggrin:
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X