No announcement yet.

Tip noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must admit, although I loved the old blue diamond originals, I couldn't pot a ball with one till I'd knocked it down to about 2.5mm! Lol! Then it was fantastic for about 4 weeks until I'd mis cue and take a chip out of it. I've never usually played with a fuller tip, but somehow these laminates seem to play well bigger and will last longer, so happy Dayz!
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Must admit, although I loved the old blue diamond originals, I couldn't pot a ball with one till I'd knocked it down to about 2.5mm! Lol! Then it was fantastic for about 4 weeks until I'd mis cue and take a chip out of it. I've never usually played with a fuller tip, but somehow these laminates seem to play well bigger and will last longer, so happy Dayz!
      I quite like the new Blue Diamonds as long as you've pressed them. If you press them carefully it's like they reach a point where they give way and that is the point where you stop and they play well from there.

I put a couple on cues where club players swore they weren't as good as an Elk. They both swear by them now and weren't playing well at the time so it seemed worth a punt.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        Never liked Elks that much, bit too soft for me.

I used to the old school titans, but they don't do them anymore.
        Tried a few since, but 4/5 months ago I discovered Nili laminated tips through Jason on here.
        Love them to bits and won't be changing any time soon.
        I remember hearing about those tips (Nili), where can you get those?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          This seems to have become harder than buying pills from Ebenzer Goode in a nightclub in 1987... 😎
          βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
            Pretty much yes, quite a few of the pros use the hardest tips they can get, last longer and more consistent which is why they use them.
            about right, in general they play on super fasy clothes etc as well so they don't need to hit the ball as hard.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14MM...e-3cbd5ea5c5f3

I bought 10 of these from here.
              They took around a month to arrive.

These are cheap house tips. But imo these are great tips. I'm still using the first one I put on around 4 months ago now and it isn't coming off any time soon :snooker:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs...0-055616b9d159

I also bought 3 of these because I was so impressed with the cheap ones, but haven't had the chance to use one yet

Comment

I will tell you that today I have the following opinion regarding the tips leather sole vs laminate ... the common tips can be the sky or the hell depending on the treatment that is executed after being installed, the laminated tips on the other hand are regular , they will never be hell, these tips are the sky in the pool tables in 13.14mm in those pockets you already know, at the English tables I have not yet met a tip laminated that is heaven ... John higgins if I'm not mistaken is using kamui laminated and has been doing a beautiful game, on the other hand we see a Selb with the standard tip and he made 4 hundreds ant yesterday ... I wonder how can I not believe the standard tips ?!
                ”Corium sana in iaculat sano”

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14MM...e-3cbd5ea5c5f3

I bought 10 of these from here.
                  They took around a month to arrive.

These are cheap house tips. But imo these are great tips. I'm still using the first one I put on around 4 months ago now and it isn't coming off any time soon :snooker:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs...0-055616b9d159

I also bought 3 of these because I was so impressed with the cheap ones, but haven't had the chance to use one yet
                  Not sure why but both the links say blank in the url once clicked?

Comment

Not sure why but both the links say blank in the url once clicked?
                    That's weird! The links worked when I checked them.
                    Anyway if you google Ali express and search Nili tips you'll find a whole selection.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      Pretty much yes, quite a few of the pros use the hardest tips they can get, last longer and more consistent which is why they use them.
                      about right, in general they play on super fasy clothes etc as well so they don't need to hit the ball as hard.
                      Yep and their cue action helps

Comment

Originally Posted by bart07 View Post
                        I will tell you that today I have the following opinion regarding the tips leather sole vs laminate ... the common tips can be the sky or the hell depending on the treatment that is executed after being installed, the laminated tips on the other hand are regular , they will never be hell, these tips are the sky in the pool tables in 13.14mm in those pockets you already know, at the English tables I have not yet met a tip laminated that is heaven ... John higgins if I'm not mistaken is using kamui laminated and has been doing a beautiful game, on the other hand we see a Selb with the standard tip and he made 4 hundreds ant yesterday ... I wonder how can I not believe the standard tips ?!
                        Selby uses Kamui mh and has done for a good few years!

Comment

sola mark selb.jpg

I thought he was playing with master tip, sorry for the mistake!
                          ”Corium sana in iaculat sano”

Comment

in his cuesportclub interview back in February he said he used an Elkmaster, ?

Higgins, Robertson, MJ WIlliams, Grace and Vafaei are reportedly using Kamui
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              in his cuesportclub interview back in February he said he used an Elkmaster, ?

Higgins, Robertson, MJ WIlliams, Grace and Vafaei are reportedly using Kamui
                              Robertson usually uses Elk Master and Mark Williams did use Kamui but is now using an ADR147.
                              Unless Selby has packed the Kamui in he had 100 % been using Kamui

Comment

Mark Williams did use Kamui but is now using an ADR147.
                                Do you know which one? (SS/S/M/H)

thanks
                                matt

Comment

Working...
                                X