Best Cuemaker for your money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
    Sound advice from Cue crafty. The only thing I would say is that TP and Maximus need swapping around. I have played with lots from both and TP cues are a much higher-end product, price for price, even when compared with the Maximus Ultimates. Plus, given the spec, finding it and liking the playability is more important than the badge or its looks. Maybe an Andy Travis custom is the way to go.
    Yep you are dead right. Just looked on GBL , I hadnt realised how series 111 had moved on. I think series 1 fits the mid range ok. Still a few on sale at Chesworth.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well I guess the first question is where do you live?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Location isn't a problem. I live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands so will have to travel anyways. But if there's 2 or 3 locations in one area I'll go there to kill a few birds with one stone

Comment

I know a lad in Jersey who has cues. not sure if that helps.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

As always I’ll vouch for Andy Travis. I’ve yet to see one that is less than great and his turnaround times/communication/workmanship are excellent. I’m literally packaging up one of his 2013 cues here to send back to him for alteration. Andy is a man of few words but doesn’t let you down. I’m not sure I could say the same of some big name makers! My playing cue is a Travis that I had a choice of shafts on and he turned the order round in 4 weeks. Bang on specs, level even spliced and top notch finish. The only other custom makers I’ve had good dealings with are Mike Woolridge and Jason Owen. Both straight down the line and great products but their cues don’t hit the same to me.

If you can find a cue maker who’s butt shaping and taper you like. There won’t be that much between same spec cues but what feels “right” in your hands and reacts as you want is more important than the name.

Comment

Originally Posted by GasMonkey View Post
              As always I’ll vouch for Andy Travis. I’ve yet to see one that is less than great and his turnaround times/communication/workmanship are excellent. I’m literally packaging up one of his 2013 cues here to send back to him for alteration. Andy is a man of few words but doesn’t let you down. I’m not sure I could say the same of some big name makers! My playing cue is a Travis that I had a choice of shafts on and he turned the order round in 4 weeks. Bang on specs, level even spliced and top notch finish. The only other custom makers I’ve had good dealings with are Mike Woolridge and Jason Owen. Both straight down the line and great products but their cues don’t hit the same to me.

If you can find a cue maker who’s butt shaping and taper you like. There won’t be that much between same spec cues but what feels “right” in your hands and reacts as you want is more important than the name.
              When you say you had a choice if shafts what do you mean? Did you go and try some out? Did he send you a few for you to send back before he made your cue?

My main issue is that if I ask for a specs to be made I won't have the chance to feel it in my hands and make sure I like it before it's made.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeMilo86 View Post
                When you say you had a choice if shafts what do you mean? Did you go and try some out? Did he send you a few for you to send back before he made your cue?

My main issue is that if I ask for a specs to be made I won't have the chance to feel it in my hands and make sure I like it before it's made.
                I don't think anyone does that ? plus a plain piece of ash wouldn't feel like a cue until the weight and splices were added.
                Sometimes you get to choose the shaft that visually you like best

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                  Good reputation is important. But still, there is no guarantee that the cue made by a cue maker (with a good reputation), will suit your game.
                  The best way to know, is try it out.
                  Each cue has it's own character and playability and feel differently . It's your game .

Thai made cues are generally good players .

Maximus (especially ultimate range) and TP cues are on top of my list .
                  They are generally good players.

Uk made:

As mentioned,
                  Andy Travis is a top cue maker.
                  Steve Grice is also one of the top cue makers (reasonable price and waiting times).
                  Richy ( Mac cues ) . Great cue maker , also reasonable price and waiting times.

We have also few cue makers here on TSF,

J6
                  Vmax
                  Ninja

personally, I haven't heard a bad review about their work. Many players are happy with their work.

As far as i know each one of them has his own thread. Take a look and make up your mind.
                  Thanks for putting me in there.

If you fancy having a look at some of my cues ( more will be coming, just sorting a workshop)..
                  Legend's snooker club will be having my cues in soon and have worked on a few cues there.

If you want to have a look at mine on fb, I'm the only Ninja cues on there and don't think you could go wrong with any of the other maker that where name with me.
                  Guess it's up to you, who your happy to make what you want.
                  Good luck where ever you go.
                  Colin
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                    Thanks for putting me in there.

If you fancy having a look at some of my cues ( more will be coming, just sorting a workshop)..
                    Legend's snooker club will be having my cues in soon and have worked on a few cues there.

If you want to have a look at mine on fb, I'm the only Ninja cues on there and don't think you could go wrong with any of the other maker that where name with me.
                    Guess it's up to you, who your happy to make what you want.
                    Good luck where ever you go.
                    Colin
                    That's sportsmanship!! My compliment.

Facebook is the way to go than!!

If you have time to put some of those pictures here to make this forum more colorful.
                    That would be a nice gesture !!

No obligation, though !!

Comment

If you have time to put some of those pictures here to make this forum more colorful.

No obligation, though !!
                      Not a problem and when I workout how to do that again lol.
                      Have a few interesting jobs with cues at the mo...

Comment

No obligation, though !!
                        Where is Legends Club?
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Where is Legends Club?
                          It's in Leytonstone and where a few pros plays out of.
                          Just did some work on the owners Parris.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeMilo86 View Post
                            Thanks for your reply.

Personally i'll probably be getting a more personalised cue as I'm quite picky with weights and sizes (56.5inch
                            heavy cue, 9.25tip and can't find one with this spec as its rather specific) I don't care much for flashy splices so something simple is fine with me.
                            So how did you come to this particular spec, is it one you're familiar with ?
                            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Sorry i did'nt saw your post .

Looking forward to see them .

Regarding uploading pictures , you can use this site .

http://tinypic.com/ ( choose option English . you can choose 50 different languages there )

You do'nt have to pay and you can upload as many as you want .
                              Last edited by Ramon; 29 October 2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Sorry i did'nt saw your post .

Looking forward to see them .

Regarding uploading pictures , you can use this site .

http://tinypic.com/ ( choose option English . you can choose 50 different languages there )

You do'nt have to pay and you can upload as many as you want .
                                Thanks Ramon, will get round to posting some

Comment

Working...
                                X