No announcement yet.

John Parris Ultimate or Traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody. As most cuemakers can make excellent cues given they have quality materials It's fairly simply carpentry really not rocket science.

Comment

Originally Posted by MrPearwood View Post
      Nobody. As most cuemakers can make excellent cues given they have quality materials It's fairly simply carpentry really not rocket science.
      You causing trouble again Mr Pearwood, you should go in to production with big pear wood wooden spoons lol.

Comment

To be honest, MrPearwood makes a fair point in that some of these cues are getting way ahead of their intrinsic value based on hype and emotion. It is just wood at the end of the day.

That said, not all cue makers use quality wood...and not all cuemakers take the time to let the wood adjust to temperatures as this would reduce their output.

There is some value in paying for quality wood on top of the skill, dexterity and dedication involved. Some machine made cues are also great quality - Woolridge used to make some - so hand turned v machine is a moot point. Some cuemakers are living off a reputation more and more, whereas some continue to make a cue themselves using their life of experience and sacrifice profits for quality/perfection.

What one pays is their own business and it's not really anyone's else's place to criticise. Fair comments are valid though. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Good answer. J6 on here make you a nice cue for sensible money. All made by his own fair hand. Once a cue maker has farmed his name out and has others working for him they aren't really JP cues anymore are they? If JP made all his own ultimate range himself to high standards they might have a chance of justifying the tag.

If you really think about it like going to Ramon blancs restaurant and eating food made by his understudies. Good but not made by the chef himself ,Very very good business sense however.... One man can't make that many thousands of cues himself in order to earn all that lovely money . I think it's a similar concept.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
            You causing trouble again Mr Pearwood, you should go in to production with big pear wood wooden spoons lol.
            Hiya Mark hows the MEB club going?
            Now theres an opening for me. I can only get pearwood in 8ft boards, imagine how many mini butts i have. Lol Spoons and walking stick handles out of the next lot i think

Comment

Now theres an opening for me. I can only get pearwood in 8ft boards, imagine how many mini butts i have. Lol Spoons and walking stick handles out of the next lot i think
              You haven't answered my question though.

Are you in fact Mr. Rumpelstiltskin...? I simply have to know these things. Also how did you guess my IQ.

Comment

My JP's are fine guys. My Ulti plays fantastic,,, or,,, is it me :snooker:
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Its a former member back under a different name.

The artist formerly known as Prince?
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    I'm sure they do in your fair hand Throtts ; ) the point I like of MrP is how much is JP trading on that name as opposed to how good are some of the cues?

You will like this analogy ; ) no one questions how good a thoroughbred Ferrari is. The brand reached its status through years of racing triumphs and good results. They've made a few stinkers over the years too though. So the question comes down to are people buying into the luxury brand or the product? ; )
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I'm only playing once or twice a week for few hours. My JP special still knocking in the breaks though lol. How many pear wood cues you got hoarded away now?

Comment

The only problem i see with a Parris cue is that you pay top dollar for a cue that he hasn't even made, you can get better now for a much more reasonable price imo
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                          No, not just you, me as well. My JPU is fantastic as well, and rising in value all the time thanks to jealous people like pearwood.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            No, not just you, me as well. My JPU is fantastic as well, and rising in value all the time thanks to jealous people like pearwood.
                            I'm intrigued now cueman , what did you make of my other post #69? What I'm picking up from you so far is a gentry attitude of the riff raff can't afford the wares type attitude. Let's go a little deeper, commodity wise a JP is a sound investment currently as JP has done a great job promoting his brand, so my question to you would be do you think you have a cue/cues by JP that are far superior to say a Trevor White cue, or do you think you've got a "good player" that has a good pedigree and is a sound investment? As the "ultimate" point I think MrPearwood is trying to make is are they the BEST cues you can buy for your money? Not are they the best investment....quite different I think you will find.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

anish 147
                              I agree entirely bar the last sentence mate.
                              Many will think because I slag off Parris I will slag off Mike too as he is pretty pricey however until I went down Pompey and met him recently I had only ever seen one of his cues and it was PERFECT!
                              Down there I was very very impressed with his setup, his knowledge and skills are A1as were the cues he had in various stages.
                              And surprise surprise to many he is a very nice bloke. Kinda like Jeckle and Hyde between reality and his online persona.
                              Your last sentence though, please bear in mind why I slag off Parris. His cues are not in the same league as Mikes yet his prices for merely average cues are disgraceful. To hear kids of 10 and 11 telling me they want a Parris Ultimate one day and are saving up really gets to me.

Bloody BBC adverts !

Cue Crafty
                              I cant remember where I read it or perhaps saw it on a video but did he not admit that he has not made a cue in 20 yrs!
                              And you know the pic of the older bloke at a lathe on his site? I reckon that's the sweet shop owner from round the corner. Bought in for the photoshoot just to bring the employees average age up to 21 maybe 22
                              Yes they are mere kids, and spend a lot of their wages on sweeties. :P

WOODY
                              Your iq is way over 7 especially if you did not use a spellchecker to spell Rumpelstilskin.
                              I'm notsaying who I am as yet but that in itself is a clue. hehehe

throtts
                              Definately you mate. Over the years I have put hundreds of cues on a table and guess what?
                              Everyone of them just lies there sunbathing under the canopy lights. Not one of them has ever given me a break of 1 let alone a ton. No cue plays let alone plays great.

GeordieDS
                              Not banned

Worro Mucka. How the hell have you not been banned yet !
                              Last edited by MrPearwood; 6 December 2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                Please put a not up the chimney to santa asking for a brain for crimbo so you can learn to read and write English. Jealous bah not in a million years.
                                Now run along like a good little fanboy report me to a mod for upsetting you and dont forget to ring John boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X