No announcement yet.

John Parris Ultimate or Traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have banned Wity - once again - he has now also blocked me on facebook... oh the tears I have shead. I do hope cueman will continue to post, the forum would be a worse place without him - I love the idea of everybody being free to post their views etc but you have to draw a line somewhere, in the end the forum is a place for everybody.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      I think you have made your point since you have comeback on this forum , as it would appear that you are a previously banned member .
      It is obvious that you have a personal grudge against Parris cues , so I think you need to contribute to this Forum on different topics .
      So let’s draw a line under your comments , and move on .
      That's my point with Pearwood not that he's slagging off Parris cues I'm a 37 year old man and I make my own mind up on what I like and don't like I don't particularly care if John Parris is slagged off or not on the forum there will be folk who don't like his work for whatever reason and quite frankly his work doesn't pay my mortgage so that is his concern I just bought a cue from him and I'm very very happy with it.

Pearwood has said over and over on every single post he wants to bet me money to take a video, he's said at least 3x that parris buys machine made shafts for ultimates and the same crap over and over that's my point with him. He's like a little attention seeking kid, he reminds me of my son when I tell him off for not tidying his room and it's really boring.

So either he gets banned or he tones it down and talks about snooker not anti-parris chat and attention seeking for his narc personality complex cos it's not just me he's rubbing up the wrong way.

And for the information of people who were actually interested in my initial thread (which has been totally ruined by one forum member again my point that he's an attention seeker with his own agendas and not contributing anything worthwhile to discussions) then I loved the cue after a few frames last night it felt and looks exceptional really happy with it I like the change to 1 piece too will take some getting use to from my end cos my old 3/4 was obviously quite butt heavy and more a power cue but the 1 piece parris is all feel on first impressions various shots that I would overhit or underhit now and again due to the weight of my old cue I found the parris to be perfectly balanced and I was confident on shots where floating the ball in and touch for positional play.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
        That's my point with Pearwood not that he's slagging off Parris cues I'm a 37 year old man and I make my own mind up on what I like and don't like I don't particularly care if John Parris is slagged off or not on the forum there will be folk who don't like his work for whatever reason and quite frankly his work doesn't pay my mortgage so that is his concern I just bought a cue from him and I'm very very happy with it.

Pearwood has said over and over on every single post he wants to bet me money to take a video, he's said at least 3x that parris buys machine made shafts for ultimates and the same crap over and over that's my point with him. He's like a little attention seeking kid, he reminds me of my son when I tell him off for not tidying his room and it's really boring.

So either he gets banned or he tones it down and talks about snooker not anti-parris chat and attention seeking for his narc personality complex cos it's not just me he's rubbing up the wrong way.

And for the information of people who were actually interested in my initial thread (which has been totally ruined by one forum member again my point that he's an attention seeker with his own agendas and not contributing anything worthwhile to discussions) then I loved the cue after a few frames last night it felt and looks exceptional really happy with it I like the change to 1 piece too will take some getting use to from my end cos my old 3/4 was obviously quite butt heavy and more a power cue but the 1 piece parris is all feel on first impressions various shots that I would overhit or underhit now and again due to the weight of my old cue I found the parris to be perfectly balanced and I was confident on shots where floating the ball in and touch for positional play.
        you may not see if on a phone app, but he has been banned now, due to the harassment nature of his posts, etc.
        I am sad that cueman feels the forum is not run well, I wished he had told us his concerns, we are only moderators, not the owners or even admin but we can pass concerns/thoughts/ideas to the owners. I hope he comes back.
        Of course, you can't please all of the people all of the time, people have differing ideas of what is harassment/rude/insulting/funny/rude/acceptable/etc. Us mods do try to keep an eye on the whole and delete those spammers every weekend (I am looking forward to the usual dozen or so tonight! ) and we investigate new members who appear to have prior knowledge of TSF. which we did with this member but obviously not closely enough for some, too close for others.

Anyway, onto happier words, I am glad you like your new cue. When I changed from 3/4 to 1pc it was strange (just being a different cue mostly I think) but my game has changed for the better

Any better photos yet?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          you may not see if on a phone app, but he has been banned now, due to the harassment nature of his posts, etc.
          I am sad that cueman feels the forum is not run well, I wished he had told us his concerns, we are only moderators, not the owners or even admin but we can pass concerns/thoughts/ideas to the owners. I hope he comes back.
          Of course, you can't please all of the people all of the time, people have differing ideas of what is harassment/rude/insulting/funny/rude/acceptable/etc. Us mods do try to keep an eye on the whole and delete those spammers every weekend (I am looking forward to the usual dozen or so tonight! ) and we investigate new members who appear to have prior knowledge of TSF. which we did with this member but obviously not closely enough for some, too close for others.

Anyway, onto happier words, I am glad you like your new cue. When I changed from 3/4 to 1pc it was strange (just being a different cue mostly I think) but my game has changed for the better

Any better photos yet?
          That's fair enough he didn't particularly offend me or anything I just think it was getting boring and each to their own I'm just here to talk about snooker and I don't mind a debate or bit of difference of opinions I'm adult enough to consider that their are other human beings out there with more knowledge or different experiences than me but he wasn't doing that he was just being a bit of a plonker and anyway..........

I might be good at practicing snooker but I should practice my photo taking skills I only have another 2 in the house not very good i meant to take them down the club on the table but i forgot too busy playing ill do that tonight for sure.

1.jpg

Comment

• Two more from home I'll get better ones under the table lights tonight, I really like the shaft chevrons are perfect.
            Attached Files

Comment

Two more from home I'll get better ones under the table lights tonight, I really like the shaft chevrons are perfect.
              That looks nice! Really nice!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
                That looks nice! Really nice!
                Yeah mate first impressions of my first Parris cue is his cue's are defo worth the money maybe slightly over priced compared to some other high quality cuemakers but he has the name so you have to accept that and as others have said the other thing your paying for with his cues that should you wish to move it on you'll probably make some cash on it.

The only small gripe that I have with it and I'm sure this is the same for anyone wanting a Parris is that the wait times is mental you really need patience of a saint of just chuck the game for a few years like I did lol.

Comment

• question, did you pay the price as agreed from 5years ago?
                  still say it is a miracle that there you where considering to have "another go" after forgetting for so long and Mrs P finds your old order and it was waiting for you
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    question, did you pay the price as agreed from 5years ago?
                    still say it is a miracle that there you where considering to have "another go" after forgetting for so long and Mrs P finds your old order and it was waiting for you
                    Yes mate they reinstated my original order which was for 767 i think for the cue itself vs a today price i think is more like 1100 so i really got a bargain too. I had paid the deposit and spec up the 3/4 cue on the cue maker and it was all I was thinking about cos they said they couldnt find anything on my email address on the system anymore.

Christine put 2 and 2 together when John was talking to her about an old cue sitting in stock since June with my name on it, was just pure luck I was pestering her at the time by email to add some splices on to the 3/4 and she twigged it was my original cue.

They said it was ready June this year and had been emailing my old email address with no luck obviously.
                    I ordered in June 2012 initially and i was quoted 2 years I think then which has turned out over 5 but I've been very lucky with this cue and I'm grateful that they took the time and effort to track it down and also honour the original price from 5 years ago.

Comment

Yeah mate first impressions of my first Parris cue is his cue's are defo worth the money maybe slightly over priced compared to some other high quality cuemakers but he has the name so you have to accept that and as others have said the other thing your paying for with his cues that should you wish to move it on you'll probably make some cash on it.

The only small gripe that I have with it and I'm sure this is the same for anyone wanting a Parris is that the wait times is mental you really need patience of a saint of just chuck the game for a few years like I did lol.
                      I get that there should be some waiting time (seen the video's on youtube of his workshop), how many does he actually produce a year?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Thing is those were legitimate concerns that were had and only one off debates that happened and are now confined the history books.

There are numerous threads, mainly anti JP I hasten to add on here. So why is it tolerated that when someone posts a question and starts a conversation that its acceptable for newbies, although we all know pearwood is no newcomer, under whatever guise this time, posting utter trash and ruins the board. Discussion gets hijacked, all for pearwoods own agenda or to seek attention and it drags the place down! What good is that for anyone?

And if you care to read the forum, you will see that hijacking threads, going off topic, and calling members names or acting abusive or insulting is not supposed to be permitted. Heaven forbid someone might swear though, instant ban, but pearwood must be a mod or have some mods back because I've never known anyone get away with this behaviour before and not get banned.

So as this site is no longer fit for purpose and is poorly run, I'm taking the decision to no longer contribute here as it seems valued input is not worthy anymore. You are better off trolling the place seeing as though that's what you seem to prefer!

How ironic you accuse someone of attention seeking and then attention seek in the same post:biggrin-new:
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          What makes you saying this any different to anyone else claiming that he buys in shafts or all his shafts are turned down by lathe? Seen a lot of people say this yet amazingly enough nobody ever seems to have proof besides "oh i heard" stories. Its usually all second or third hand information, usually with a liberal dusting of the green eyed monster.

Did an employee not leave because he was sick of seeing people get ripped off?
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                            Did an employee not leave because he was sick of seeing people get ripped off?
                            First I've heard of this, when was this supposed to have happened?

Comment

Two more from home I'll get better ones under the table lights tonight, I really like the shaft chevrons are perfect.
                              by the way, you owe him £20

Comment

Jeeps, thats a beauty, D... Your butt is exactly the same design as mine. My number is 2999. Your points put mine to shame though, I would have spec another point on mine from the splice end.

All the best, guys..
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X