Hunt&o’byrne red plate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hunt-O-By...sAAOSw9Z1aciuR

TBH this one looks legit, everything about it suits the period it would have been bought in.

Comment

I agree with that. This one looks the right age and style. The machine spliced one, not so much for me, just didn't seem right, and not a cue I can understand someone paying £750 for. It's more the way a few are being sold with questionable stories of authentication. One guy bought it new himself, one's friend bought it new (this was actually the same cue as the first seller), and this guys wife bought it new too. It's just an unusual way of trying to give evidence of provinence. Also, anyone on ebay who describes anything as '100% genuine' gets me suspicious. If you're 100% sure your cues the real deal, it's a cue you've played with for 30 years so must know intimately, why are you copying someone elses description (of a different cue) word for word. It's just insincere, and not a seller I'd be happy dealing with. Genuine cue or not, these guys haven't owned these cues for 30 years since new, so why lie? If there's a problem with the cue, I'd have zero faith in these sellers sorting it out without a lot of hassle. I know ebay have buyer protection, but that can still leave you out of pocket for weeks if not months while they do their thing. And when your talking high priced items like these, that's a massive ball ache

Comment

With regards the OPs original question, I saw that a red plate sold for around £500 at the end of last year. To add some provenance and information, the cue was sold with a cheddar classics case (not one of the Chinese knockoffs). The cue was owned by Stephen Hendry for 2 years following his 1992 world championship and used occasionally in practice. The case was signed by Hendry and 20 other players and snooker personalities. The cue was sold with the provenance authenticated.

Ebay prices are crazy at this exact moment in time, and there's some dishonest sellers out there, selling cues with questionable provenance. Value is always hard to judge, as there is always someone willing to pay stupid money for a badge. But, I have a fair idea what a Cheddar Classic case is worth, and can hazard a guess of the value the provenance of that red plate and the signatures would add. So you could put your cue on ebay and might luck out at the expense of some sucker, or you could get a couple of hundred quid.

Comment

I don’t say i think it’s a brown plate.
          He said it was a brown plate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Red 75 View Post
            I don’t say i think it’s a brown plate.
            He said it was a brown plate.

Did you find a link for it or is it the one narl linked to?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X