Cue Creator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Creator

Just noticed binghams using this odd looking cue now, used it against white in the china open qualifiers.

horrible looking cue haha

Comment

Cue Creator

IIRC Bingham has been using this cue since early/mid last year
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looks like a powerful cue even factoring in the fast cloths and a pro's cue action. Is Cue Creator an American outfit?
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Seems to be from the McDermott factory who are very well known in the states for their American pool cues. Interesting to see a state-side manufacturer try and enter the market. Mezz were the last American pool company I recall making snooker cues, but they're based in Japan as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            IIRC Bingham has been using this cue since early/mid last year
            I think he's been flip flopping between this and his original cue, then again he's been banned for a while so maybe that's why I've not really noticed it more.

The video quality of bingham showing it off was laughable, 144p? Scary thing is it was only uploaded last year. There's a vid on their site showing snooker cues being made, seems to be all lathe work from the bits they show at least.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
              horrible looking cue haha
              Have to agree, it's using some pool cue touches and from a distance it just looks like a cue that has a bunch of stickers plonked onto it. Looks like it's had inlay work but i don;t see the option for that on their site. They even have an "extra shaft" option, which strikes me as weird as that pretty much implies 1 shaft is going to play the same as another, which we know isn't the case

Comment

I saw they had an option for radial maple. If these are like predator radially laminated shafts, they do play pretty consistently. I have a couple for shooting 9 ball, and I can switch between them with very little adjustment. As for ash and regular maple, agree that extra shafts aren't going to play the same, but I suppose it could be useful as a backup.

Comment

Wonder just how much ballrun got payed to advertise this gawd awfull thing....also wonder if sight right has dropped stuart be cause he has been banned..
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                    Wonder just how much ballrun got payed to advertise this gawd awfull thing....also wonder if sight right has dropped stuart be cause he has been banned..
                    I'd imagine a LOT!

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                      I thought he'd stopped using Sight Right before the world championship last year? Remember watching him play and I couldn't recall seeing it. I could be mistaken though.

Comment

I have tried a McDermott cue on a snooker table and I found it had a very accurate hit but that might be because it was an 11mm tip and pretty stiff. I tried a bunch of long blues and made every one but this was back in the day when I could make a long blue.
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I think the extra shafts are more for it you want a pool one and snooker shaft.
                          So you have the same butt but want to change the tip size.
                          For that one you've always wanted...
                          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

the fellow who runs the business is an Australian dealer for lots of amercian brand pool cues and phoenix snooker cues. possibly a thai custom made for the dealer

Comment

Bump after doing a search on here for Cue Creator Cues.

Just yesterday i was at my local club and i saw a bloke had one of these Cues, my first impression was gee that looks nice and it was really well made with excellent spicing and a great Ash shaft. I asked him about it and he has had it about 6 Months and he is very pleased with it. I asked for a hit with it and OMG this Cue is seriously good , heaps of power and response with no throw at all.

He paid $700 Aussie dollars for it or about 350 pound and they do vary in price depending on splicing etc. I was very surprised though how good this Cue played and while he may have got a good one the reviews are really good from what i can see and asking other players about them they are quickly gaining a very good reputation here in Australia.

Bingham is also still using his and the supplier of them here in Oz says he has never been happier with his Cue but take that with a grain of Salt!

I am very tempted to purchase one myself now if i can get it past the wife and i am interested if anyone else has tried them?
                              If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Working...
                              X