Joining cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    I have bought cues and had some specially made items from Mike that has been 'outside the norm' and I have had no problems, no rant just cordial communications.

My advice would be to ask him and he may well surprise you and do what you want. If you don't ask you won't get. I think it is a bit unfair for you to second guess what he won't do without asking him.
    +1 to this. I actually like dealing with mike. He's a funny chap but in a good way. Never had any issues with him so always worth an ask mate

Comment

@jrc.. who added weight to your cue for £10?

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
        It was Craig who works at Greenbaize, the resident cue doctor, just search the site for prices. Although after doing it for me I think he realises there's more work in it and might be £15 now

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
          Here is price list for alterations etc
          https://www.greenbaize.com/alterations-repairs/

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Here is price list for alterations etc
            https://www.greenbaize.com/alterations-repairs/
            If you live up this way I'd suggest you give him a go, these are crazy cheap prices.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              If you live up this way I'd suggest you give him a go, these are crazy cheap prices.
              Hope he doesn't read this lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Hope he doesn't read this lol
                I guess that the cue repairing trade are a big surprise to me after being in the heating game for 35 years.

It's rare you can get anyone at your doorstep for less than £75 in lots of areas so on the whole I think cue repairs are very cheap in most areas.

I know being without heating can be a bind but I bet there's some real temper explosions and frustration when you can't use your cue and there's a match coming up!

Comment

I guess that the cue repairing trade are a big surprise to me after being in the heating game for 35 years.

It's rare you can get anyone at your doorstep for less than £75 in lots of areas so on the whole I think cue repairs are very cheap in most areas.

I know being without heating can be a bind but I bet there's some real temper explosions and frustration when you can't use your cue and there's a match coming up!
                  I get a lot of repairs and alterations.
                  Doing a couple at the mo and just finished repairing a broken Parris that was put over someone's head and broke on the joint.
                  Getting two more sent to me, with one needing extending.
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                    I get a lot of repairs and alterations.
                    Doing a couple at the mo and just finished repairing a broken Parris that was put over someone's head and broke on the joint.
                    Getting two more sent to me, with one needing extending.
                    That made me laugh mate. These aren't all from the same guy are they?

Once you start putting cues over someones head you'd be better setting up a standing order for him!

Comment

That made me laugh mate. These aren't all from the same guy are they?

Once you start putting cues over someones head you'd be better setting up a standing order for him!
                      No not all the same guy and it was a friend that did it to save himself getting a pasting.
                      So was a little upset but couldn't hold it against him but was really happy with the cue when he got it back lol

Comment

No not all the same guy and it was a friend that did it to save himself getting a pasting.
                        So was a little upset but couldn't hold it against him but was really happy with the cue when he got it back lol
                        At least he didn't get that pasting.

It's been a few years since I've seen someone hit with a cue, always difficult to get blood out of the shaft it it hasn't been sealed properly....

Comment

It's been a few years since I've seen someone hit with a cue, always difficult to get blood out of the shaft it it hasn't been sealed properly....
                          Lucky it was an ebony butt but the shaft that split and lucky it was 2 clean cracks...

Comment

Many years ago I sold a top of the range Powerglide and by chance his team was playing mine the next night but an argument started and the new cue was smashed over a head, just as well I never added weight to it.

Comment

My places seem tame compared to you lot

Comment

Lucky it was an ebony butt but the shaft that split and lucky it was 2 clean cracks...
                                Maybe an idea for a lucrative sideline? Parris nun chucks made from unsaveable broken cues? There seems to be a market for it and business is all about supply and demand! ??
                                Last edited by Cue crafty; 14 March 2018, 06:14 PM.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X