Hunt and O'Byrne Brown Label cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Yup, there was a round butt cue with a bs jimmy white story attached to it that went to china for near 2 grand. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUNT-amp-...p2047675.l2557
    looks a decent example but even at a glance I can tell you it was not made for jimmy white!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

and already item closed...
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Dean man keep up
        That was just an example of their possible value and it finished back on 11th Feb

Comment

I have to say that is one piece money on a 3/4 cue - the most expensive one I have sold went for £1750 I think - and that actually was one of jimmy whites cues!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Dean man keep up
            That was just an example of their possible value and it finished back on 11th Feb
            Soz
            Been a bit of a day
            Taking my daughter to a&e with a dislocated little finger.
            Great NHS service, after three separate xray and support but still time out.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              I have to say that is one piece money on a 3/4 cue - the most expensive one I have sold went for £1750 I think - and that actually was one of jimmy whites cues!
              Shows what a bit of creative BS can do when listing the cue.

Comment

When i asked you about a 3/4 H&O you told me 2K....?

Comment

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
                  When i asked you about a 3/4 H&O you told me 2K....?
                  when was that? one piece 2k for a while, not seen 3/4 so high - although clearly they are now! personally I am not sure why, they are not very good cues!!!

Comment

when was that? one piece 2k for a while, not seen 3/4 so high - although clearly they are now! personally I am not sure why, they are not very good cues!!!
                    About 10 month's ago.

I remember Jamsie's, Troy's, Ade's, another guy who used to come up Riley's Cannock, and a few others. I never got on with any of them. Always like a rod of iron, but obviously that's just coincidence because it's just wood. I did want a 3/4 though just purely for nostalgia.

When i have my snooker room i'll get as many replica's of players cues as i can......................... but at the moment that's still a pipe dream.

I like that Robert's cues are basically H&O, and pretty good to chat to him about those cues.

Comment

I wouldn't say Roberts cues are basicly like hunt and O'Byrne. Possible hunt and osborne but then his name is on that

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                        I wouldn't say Roberts cues are basicly like hunt and O'Byrne. Possible hunt and osborne but then his name is on that
                        Robert did work with Will Hunt during some of the O'Byrne years

Comment

I didn’t know that Dean , I thought Robert started out working for Keith Auld .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            I didn’t know that Dean , I thought Robert started out working for Keith Auld .
                            Very possible that
                            I said worked with not started out
                            From what I have found Robert had already had his own cues for a while then went to help Will for a while. Then went on his own again until going back to Will after H&Ob closed down; eventually H&Os began.

Comment

A slight correction Dean.......Will went to Robert . Not the other way round . They were Roberts premises .

Robert had premises in Surbiton , Surrey . That’s when I first met him , then he moved to Tooting .

Remember seeing a poster of his in a snooker club in Tolworth many moons ago , when I met a young Ronnie O’Sullivan .....think he was about 15 playing in a Pro Am .
                              Last edited by Neil Taperell; 1 April 2018, 02:36 PM.
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

cheers Neil
                                Always wondered where the Surbiton reference came from

Comment

Working...
                                X