No announcement yet.

Cue shortening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you happy to post? Where are you based?

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

FWIW - I had my 58" cue (bought in ignorance/mistake) shortened by ONE inch last year, lopped off from the tip end. I was slightly nervous about it, but at 58" it just constantly felt too long and uncomfortable, like throwing a javelin, so it seemed worth the risk.

The end result is that *perhaps* the final end of the shaft is fractionally fatter/thicker than usual, if you look very closely, but the ferrule/tip is still only 10mm, so nothing out of the ordinary, and I'm a lot happier with the cue and my action as a result.

Two inches, on the other hand....well, that does seem quite a lot? Would surely need re-tapering?

Comment

SnookerfromtheThatcherEra Similar to yourself I took my cue down from 58" to 57", the difference has been night and day with my game improving massively when in the balls. I think just having the one inch off has meant i've not noticed much difference to the balance point of my cue so I hit the ground running with it straight away. I'd be nervous about taking 2 inches off to the point i'd just purchase another cue to be honest!
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
        X