Loose Ferrule Again! Peradon Royal 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Ferrule Again! Peradon Royal 3/4

I got my cue fixed earlier this year. The guy did a brilliant job, the cue felt great! It's an 8mm tip and I was told to avoid breaking with it. I'm not a powerful player full stop, so I started to break a with it recently and a few months later i started feeling some vibrations which turns out to be a loose ferrule.

The question is, is there something wrong with the shaft thats causing that? Is it better to replace the cue.

Cheers in advance

It is probably only a matter of glueing it back on. Worst case scenario, the wooden tenon inside is damaged, which would mean the cue may need shortening slightly before installing the ferule. I'd suggest getting it fixed if you like the cue, it's a quick and cheap job. Either option is probably preferable to replacing the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      It is probably only a matter of glueing it back on. Worst case scenario, the wooden tenon inside is damaged, which would mean the cue may need shortening slightly before installing the ferule. I'd suggest getting it fixed if you like the cue, it's a quick and cheap job. Either option is probably preferable to replacing the cue.
      What he said but an 8mm tip is not the best to break with and more so if your not hitting the middle of the cue ball.
      Would be best to use another cue to break with our you will keep having the same problem.
      For that one you've always wanted...
      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
        What he said but an 8mm tip is not the best to break with and more so if your not hitting the middle of the cue ball.
        Would be best to use another cue to break with our you will keep having the same problem.
        ninja.cues made an interesting comment. I almost never play centre ball. I’m told I tend to hit just below centre quite frequently and my break if just below centre as well, just enough to leave the cue ball in the centre of the table in the best of situations. I definitely need a break cue but I just couldn’t find one cheap and reliable enough. Thanks again for your comments. I’ll definitely be in touch with Mr Glover again to fix the ferrule.

Comment

Originally Posted by vash View Post
          ninja.cues made an interesting comment. I almost never play centre ball. I’m told I tend to hit just below centre quite frequently and my break if just below centre as well, just enough to leave the cue ball in the centre of the table in the best of situations. I definitely need a break cue but I just couldn’t find one cheap and reliable enough. Thanks again for your comments. I’ll definitely be in touch with Mr Glover again to fix the ferrule.

I can point you in the direct of someone i know that does some cheap ones that may suit you.

Comment

I can point you in the direct of someone i know that does some cheap ones that may suit you.
            Yes please.

Comment

Yes please.
              If you have fb, I can send you his details or will ask him about sending you his number.
              Well talk to him today.

Comment

If you have fb, I can send you his details or will ask him about sending you his number.
                Well talk to him today.
                I don’t have fb, I don’t think I can send private message here.

Comment

I don’t have fb, I don’t think I can send private message here.
                  You need to have done 10 posts to get private messages, so only need one more if I'm right...

Comment

You need to have done 10 posts to get private messages, so only need one more if I'm right...
                    and then patience and then a logout and login... for the databases to re-jig
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Well talk to him today.
                      Thank you very much! Btw what prices are we talking for the break cue?

Comment

Thank you very much! Btw what prices are we talking for the break cue?
                        Think he does then for about £45 and it's ¾

Comment

Working...
                        X