Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by nij147 View Post
    That looks like its been repaired like that

It was lengthened with that joint and a weird ebony dowel. Seeing as it used that same joint i can only assume it was the same guy.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Bob Akers joint?
      Akers joint is usually clear perspex on top and brass below from some of the cues i've seen.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Akers joint is usually clear perspex on top and brass below from some of the cues i've seen.
        yep seen that one but I am sure he used different types over the years
        anyway just a guess

I have a feeling that this cue has gone through several changes so doubtful to find the original maker. doubtful a Sheridan cue unless the rectangle badge added later but that is the one thing that looks like it may be original
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I heard someone say Nigel Bond uses an old Sheridan cue that he has had for years, still serving him well.

It would be interesting to know actually how of the top 32 have been using the same cue they started out with (if any!!) It seems players are far more likely to change cues in recent times. If you go back to the eighties players like Davis, Hendry etc played with their cues till they broke and wouldn't have changed them for love nor money....
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I heard someone say Nigel Bond uses an old Sheridan cue that he has had for years, still serving him well.

It would be interesting to know actually how of the top 32 have been using the same cue they started out with (if any!!) It seems players are far more likely to change cues in recent times. If you go back to the eighties players like Davis, Hendry etc played with their cues till they broke and wouldn't have changed them for love nor money....
            Barely any, the 2 most prolific swappers are Maguire and Dale. Think players these days are more attuned to trying out different cues from different makers, if you look on the maximus cue facebook page you can see Ali Carter and a few other players looking at some of their cue range. Fair to say most players have a couple of sticks at home they also use and serve as backups.

The days of players with a single cue are long gone imo.
            Last edited by narl; 10 December 2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X