Ferulles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferulles!

How do these pro's manage to keep their ferulles so shiney all the time?

I've tried fine grade wire wool and 3M polishing paper but I can't get it shine like that.

ive always got them very shiny using 0000 wire wool

Comment

Don't forget they have very bright light shinning on them under those tables

Comment

I use a very very light sandpaper, get it really shiney when im re-tipping my cue, then when i play i keep it clean by holding it between two fingers and turning it , the natural grease on your fingers will keep the ferrule clean if you do it regularly.

@ BITTER

Do you know where i can buy a tool to cut the cue down to fit ferrules and also to trim the ferrule when fitted?

Craig
        Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater
          @ BITTER

Do you know where i can buy a tool to cut the cue down to fit ferrules and also to trim the ferrule when fitted?

Craig
          http://www.cuepower.co.uk/index.php?...roducts_id=158

?

Comment

i can sell these aswell but they are still expensive!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I don't think they over fuss about them- 'if it works, don't fix it', but to get them super-clean, I think they would use a solvent with tissue, or an agent like Brasso. The stuff used to brighten an item of jewellery may be used too, I think! Or........ it may be down to an oldie-------- good ol' furniture polish!

Wire wool treatment would cause a lot of erosion to a ferrule, but is the business when lightly applied for de-greasing or smoothing a lacqured/veneered cue.

All the best with the buffing!

Comment

Craig, these ferruling tools are not the easiest thing to set up for use, so if you don't 'really' need one, I'd not bother.

As for anything to cut and shape the ferrule once fitted, that's a whole different ball game, and, can be more of an issue than just fitting any ferrule.

It ain't as much fun as you might think it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by fudgeflaps
                  Wire wool treatment would cause a lot of erosion to a ferrule.
                  i suppose that depends on what grade you use, how often you apply it, and the way in which you do so.

i use (among other stuff) the finest grade wire wool when retipping, and do so very lightly, and ive not noticed any deterioration of ferrules on cues ive done over the years

(thats not to say its not possible, but its certainly not been the case in my experiences)

Comment

I agree with you there, Semih.

I think two key principles hold in cue-maintenance and repair:

1.Treat the cue with utmost care, gently always wins- TLC is the way;

2. Apply a lot of common sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X