Powerglide - Help identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerglide - Help identifying

Many years ago, I owned a Powerglide cue; sadly, it was nicked.

I would love to know which model it was, so that I might be able to buy another. I'm sure that I'd only be able to find another one second-hand, but it is just possible that someone might recognise my vague description and let me know which model it is.

What I remember :

It was a two piece cue with a 9 or 10mm tip.

From tip to butt, it was rather a slender cue. I'm not sure of the wood, but it had rather a 'bleached' look. It did NOT appear to have a visible grain running throughout the length of the cue. The cue did not have a lacquered finish.

It had a small (possibly plastic) rectangle inlaid into the butt stating the maker 'Powerglide'. The butt may have had just a small amount of red decoration.

The main thing that I remember about the cue is that the joint around the middle of the cue was sleeved in a pale cream or off-white coloured plastic. The plastic sleeve may have been nearly an inch long.

From what I remember, the joint shaft may have been made from wood; I don't remember either the joint or the joint shaft having any brass parts.

In 1985, it cost between £40 and £80.

For me, the cue had an incredible 'feel' to it. IF I can't find a replacement, are there many new 2 piece cues which don't have a brass joint ?

Finally, can anyone recommend a good place to buy a cue - in the region of Cheshire/Shropshire/North & Mid Wales ? I'd rather try out a cue, than buy one blind.

Thank you VERY much !!!

ps If anyone has a Powerglide which matches the above description and wants to sell it - please let me know !!!
    Last edited by lastpubrunner; 18 December 2007, 02:19 PM.

i have a beautiful powerglide world champion cue that matches your description.
    if you are interested i can take some photos?

Comment

Working...
    X