Craftsman Cues. Anyone Used These?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Cues. Anyone Used These?

Hi all, i have just ordered a cue from the Craftsman cue company in leeds, has anyone had dealings with these people before, i am paying 150 pounds for the cue itself, is that a decent cue?

Craftsman Cues

Originally Posted by nzsnookerfan View Post
    Hi all, i have just ordered a cue from the Craftsman cue company in leeds, has anyone had dealings with these people before, i am paying 150 pounds for the cue itself, is that a decent cue?
    If its one of Craftsmans own cues ( as they do sell other brands ) it will be money well spent. I have seen, used and owned most makes models etc from cheap to top end expensive and i would say Craftsman take some beating for value for money.
    I have 2 Craftsmans at present one about 15 years old and one 2 years old and both are great players, so i'm sure you'll be pleased with yours.

Which one did you order?

Comment

Hi there, thanks for the reply, i have ordered the pb4, which is actually a master cue, but the cue makers are going to hand make it to the same design specs for me. thanks for the info.
      Lindsay

Comment

are you growing tomatoes

hi if you are going to buy a cue from craftsman make it one of there own models you to your own spec. the master cues come in handy to keep your tomatoes growing stright in the green house. i have owned cues by every cuemaker in the country. parris,osborne,muncaster and dave brown at craftsman is as good as any. you can get the 147 with proshaft for £155
        regards cooler
        Craftsman custom made cue
        57 inches
        17 ounces
        9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
        ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply, i am getting one made by the guys there and it is a proshaft, pb4 so it sounds all good to me, awesome, thanks again

Comment

I'm confused, i thought craftsman only sold master cues?......not make them?
            http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
              I'm confused, i thought craftsman only sold master cues?......not make them?
              correct.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by nzsnookerfan View Post
                Hi Jack, thanks for the reply, i am getting one made by the guys there and it is a proshaft, pb4 so it sounds all good to me, awesome, thanks again
                no you misunderstood my reply. craftsman have a model called the 147 but for additional £40 you can have it made with what they class as the proshaft which is a finer grade of ash.
                i personally don't rate the mastercue range especially the 3/4 jointed ones historically not best joints according to a few friends who have them and also a company from gateshead called planetsnooker had a lot of cues returned by mastercue due to faulty joints
                57 inches
                17 ounces

Comment

although mastercues joints were poor for a while - infact the overall quality took a dip, i am reliably informed they are on top form now.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The whole craftsman range looks good value for money.
                    From the cues I have seen they appear to have a mix of UK made cues Plus a number of Thailand made cues badged up as Craftsman.

Cues made in Thailand tend to have a look you can't mistake, they tend to be very pleasing on the eye.

So whatever cue you pick from them you won't go too far wrong

Comment

I am looking into the Exclusive Cue from them with snakewood for Gbp230 , Which I thought is a great deal for the money, as I could not find a design like that iwth snakewood custom made to my specs from trevor or mike for les that Gbp400. So almost half the price sounds Intresting. How is the quality compared to other cue makers or in other words , is it worth keeping in mind its almost half the price ????
                      Long Live Ronnie

Comment

i believe the cues that craftsman make are as good as any on the planet, they use the same materials as parris,white wooldridge etc workmanship is second to none and they will make to the spec you want.i have owned 11 cues by craftsman aswell as cues by parris(7 diffrent models including a paragon) omin.north west cues.hunt.peradon. osborne(black plate), riley etc etc and the craftsman are as good as any and better than most.
                        my advice go for the package great price great cues
                        Last edited by jack_dougles; 31 December 2007, 04:33 PM.
                        57 inches
                        17 ounces

Comment

I have seen a few Craftsman cues, I think they play quite nice. Nevertheless, the ones I saw all had uneven points (bottom) and the top of the points were also off by a bit. I know for the price this should not be a concern since you get what you pay for, and with Mike and Travors' cues, they points and the finish will be all tight and perfectly executed--but I just want to point it out. I saw some very nice ash on one shaft that my friend purchased. I think he paid about $250 with extentions. I like the hit and the overall quality, but the unevenness of the points somehow bothered me. Also, the finish does not seem very smooth. Since I have not seen too many of their cues, I would like to know if it is the norm of their production or was that just an exception?
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

i think thats a cosmetic thing as i have seen parris cues and glover cues with uneven points also the finish i think is usually very smooth and also the grain can be selected to a customers preference i for instance dont like a lot of darts/chevrons/arrows whatever you want to call them in the shaft and he as made cues to exactly how i required.
                            but again i also had an old machine spliced riley cue i bought in about 1985 and used it for 15 years until it got snapped below the ferrule made centuries with that old broom shank so i think it still comes down to whats in the mind and beleive me i spent over £3000 trying to replace that cue but always something would get in the brain saying the latest replacement needed something else instead.
                            so best advice go to a place that sells cues but also has a table so if you really want to pay a few hundred quid at least try the cue out first. when i have bought from craftsman they have been able to make a couple of mods whilst i waited
                            57 inches
                            17 ounces

Comment

As value for money goes you cant get much better than a craftsman, i have a new trevor white cue which he made for me a few months ago, i have just started using t all of the time, and it is GREAT, i need my other normal playing cue reconditioned as it has had years of use and has seen better days....

My friend has a craftsman and its as good as any ive seen for the same money.....
                              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X