john spencer adam cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john spencer adam cue

i used to own a 2 piece john spencer js1 maple snooker cue.
    it had a browny coloured ferrule and a hand spliced butt with inlays.
    the joint was wooden and had a white 1" insert.
    i bought it on deansgate in @ 1978 / 79.

it was a gorgeous cue until i had it nicked.

i wonder if there are any left out there?

or how could i get one replicated?

ta.

tom

I have had a few of these cues, there was some great cues in that range, the cue had a long wooden joint and I think they were imported into the UK by BCE. The cues were lovely to play with, and it improved my play due to the extra power you could get on screw shots etc.
    The cue is no longer made but it would be nice to see someone else make a cue like it just to play with a cue with a wooden joint again.
    I dont think anyone could manage a decent wooden joint these days, they like the ease of a brass joint.
    Welsh Is Best

Comment

I think it was made by adam and had the lion emblem on a wooden "plate" at the bottom.
      Yes it was a top of the range cue.
      I made many good breaks with it.

Comment

I see them on ebay sometimes being sold as a billiard (3 cushion) cue. It sometimes comes with 2 shafts.
        I was told Dannis Taylor and Cliff Thorburn used ti use these at one point of their career.
        Adam was made in Japan, but most of them are made in China now.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Yes thats the one, brill cue they must have been made in the USA, they had the look of a nine ball cue but was adapted for snooker, they also had that strange material for a ferulle a type of hard plastic which you can also get on pool cues
          Welsh Is Best

Comment

yep thats right.

i luvved it.
            if you see one please let me know

cheers guys

Comment

My husband worked in the industry in Wales and still has a Joe Adams—John Spencer Snooker Cue. It is a beautiful piece of wood that he uses often. Unfortunately, it won't let me upload an image to share. He says it is our grandson's inheritance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Brady Bunch View Post
                My husband worked in the industry in Wales and still has a Joe Adams—John Spencer Snooker Cue. It is a beautiful piece of wood that he uses often. Unfortunately, it won't let me upload an image to share. He says it is our grandson's inheritance.
                How to add images to your TSF posts
                You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
                ImgBB.com
                Click on "Start Uploading"
                Browse to the file and select it, click Open
                Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
                Click "Upload".

Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".

Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
                Go to your TSF post and paste.
                You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X