Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand or Machined splicing?

Hi,
    I am looking to purchase a new cue, i am looking to spend up to £200 on a decent cue. I have visited the site www.cuewizard.com , and one of the Questioned asked on the design was Hand or machine splice.
    What is the difference and/or does it effect the play of the cue or is it purly cosmetic? The cue i hope to order will be one piece with a plan ebony butt.
    Is the cue length critical? i am 5' 7" tall, off average build,what lenght should i go for? and Weight, i like a weighty cue ,but what is a sound weight?
    I am no Pro ! but have been a good club player in the past with a high break of 60 an regular breaks of 30 & 40.

Thanks for any help,

J

read this:

http://www.handmadecues.com/home/25-nicebutt.htm

and the rest of the advice on the website....
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Thanks Mike, have registered on your site, your info is most helpful.

Comment

You beat me to it Mike! It is a great link.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but i have found it to be very helpful so far.

I'm also in a similar situation to Jonny and was looking to buy a new cue. I have looked at Craftmancues and also Martin Chesworth and was wondering if anyone had any comments on both these cue makers or if there were any other recommended cue makers with a price range of upto £200.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by Futchoi View Post
            Hi all,

I'm also in a similar situation to Jonny and was looking to buy a new cue. I have looked at Craftmancues and also Martin Chesworth and was wondering if anyone had any comments on both these cue makers or if there were any other recommended cue makers with a price range of upto £200.

both very cue makers but better value for money with craftsman in my opinion
            Craftsman custom made cue
            57 inches
            17 ounces
            9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
            ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Originally Posted by Futchoi View Post
              Hi all,

martin chesworths cues are made by craftsman if that helps your choice!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Go with a craftsman - I have one and its awesome.

Comment

Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
                  Hi,
                  I am looking to purchase a new cue, i am looking to spend up to £200 on a decent cue. I have visited the site www.cuewizard.com , and one of the Questioned asked on the design was Hand or machine splice.
                  What is the difference and/or does it effect the play of the cue or is it purly cosmetic? The cue i hope to order will be one piece with a plan ebony butt.
                  Is the cue length critical? i am 5' 7" tall, off average build,what lenght should i go for? and Weight, i like a weighty cue ,but what is a sound weight?
                  I am no Pro ! but have been a good club player in the past with a high break of 60 an regular breaks of 30 & 40.

Thanks for any help,

J
                  have a look at my cue for sale in articles for sale suit you sir
                  Craftsman custom made cue
                  57 inches
                  17 ounces
                  9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
                  ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but I joined the above site but cannot view prices or purchase anything from there.
                    TSF World Champion 2010
                    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

you didn't join the above site. you viewed it. anyone can view it.

however, the shop is run separately:

www.handmadecues.com/zen

to view prices/make a purchase in the shop, you must first register as per the instructions in shop front page.

hope that clears it up for you....
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                      X