Essential Cue Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Cue Advice

after finding myself answering various cue questions on this forum, i feel the need to point people in the direction of the advice and info sections on my website.

http://www.handmadecues.com/home/20-advice.htm

http://www.handmadecues.com/info/10-introduction.htm

between them, it's pretty much the definitive guide to all you need to know, and understand, about cues.

unbiased and informative, it cuts throught the bulls**t and gives you the facts about cues, giving you the knowledge you need to help you make the right decisions.

the amount of misinformation, or outright lies, out there is astonishing.

so get the facts, and buy your next cue, or look after your current cue, with confidence.

it's free advice folks. use it...
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

btw, i meant to say if anyone has any other questions after reading this advice, or if something is not clear, email me and i'll add/amend the relevant sections.
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I can add that using clean petroleum is a great way to clean your cue after you've played. Better, and much cheaper, than those small bottles called Q-clean or something. I use it all the time and my cue has never been as clean and smooth as now!

Comment

cheers mike, great advice.

something needs to be put on there for people like me searching for a perfect cue

which obviously doesnt exist, ive been through more cues......
        am playing with one of yours now mike, got from adr.
        plays great just wish the butt was slimmer

Comment

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
          I can add that using clean petroleum is a great way to clean your cue after you've played. Better, and much cheaper, than those small bottles called Q-clean or something. I use it all the time and my cue has never been as clean and smooth as now!
          doesn't that smell a bit?....

and i guess you better not have a cigarette soon after doing it....
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
            cheers mike, great advice.

something needs to be put on there for people like me searching for a perfect cue

which obviously doesnt exist, ive been through more cues......
            am playing with one of yours now mike, got from adr.
            plays great just wish the butt was slimmer
            you could always try hegelands petroleum and light it for a few minutes. then scrape off the burnt bits.

should make it nice and thin...
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

oh dear

can u remeber making that cue mike, adr said it was made for him but he couldnt get on with it, it orginally was 59 inch and had a 9.5 tip.
              av had it reduced to 58 and 10mm added.

plain black butt made in 2005

Comment

Haha, I don't smoke so I don't know!

Seriously, it evaporates in a half a second or so, so no smelling or explosive problems. The reason I 'discovered' that you could use petrolium was that I had a really dirty old 'extra' cue that I used as a breaking cue. I couldn't find any way to get it really clean, but then a thought 'why not use chemically clean petrolium, that's a good cleaning chemical?'. I was a bit afraid the cue might dry out, but on the contarary the cue was smoother than it had been for ages. So now I use it on my regular playing cue and it works really great!

Comment

oh dear

can u remeber making that cue mike, adr said it was made for him but he couldnt get on with it
                  he says that about all cues! it's not the cues, it's cos he's rubbish....
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i dont know him that well to comment, but since hes got so many great cues comming in and out hes doesnt need to stick to one

is it possible mike to thin the cue butt, as its got your joint in the bottom?

Comment

fair enough, when i next go to fill up the car, i'll whip my cue out at the end and run the drips over it.

i always begrudged spilling those last few drops...
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post
                        he says that about all cues! it's not the cues, it's cos he's rubbish....

i feel a challange match coming on...............
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          i feel a challange match coming on...............

i knew you'd bite....
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

actually i need a new cue first i sold mine yesterday to a TSF member!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

is it possible mike to thin the cue butt, as its got your joint in the bottom?
                              sure. don't know if you know the drill but you'll need to register:

www.handmadecues.com/zen

repairs/alterations are not showing in shop at moment cos i'm not doing any til february. so check then for price etc.. will only take a couple of days.
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                              X