Who started 3/4 cue, and when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who started 3/4 cue, and when?

I started this in another thread but think may be I should give it its own thread to generate more answer and info.
    Who started making 3/4 cue? How long was the butt, and was there any other reason other than to make it easier to carry. I believe there were half jointed cues around before 3/4 came along, so why didn't they just stay with half joint if they just wanted something easier to carry. The other reason i could think of is to have an extention put on easier.
    This brings me to the next question: when was it first made? According to the posts in the other thread, Jimmy White was the first seen using a 3/4, and that cue was supposed to be Alex Higgins. So, was Jimmy White the first one using 3/4 on TV?
    Thank you.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Butt jointed cues

I remember playing in a snooker hall in Wandworth in the early 80s and one of Jimmy Whites mates using a cue the both Jimmy and Alex played with. It had
    a whith joint in the butt and it had a 7.5 tip. I remember Alex playing on tv with it long before jimmy had it. So it back to Alex again.

Comment

What do you mean a white joint--you mean a 3/4 joint that was white, or a white butt cap at the very end? Thank you.

Do you know who made that cue?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I was told by Eric Lewis that it was him.
        Made one for Alex Higgins has a quick fix repair job on a 1 pc.

I kind of think he wishes he had patented it.........

Comment

Its was a butt joint but it was like a surround that BCE used on their 2 piece cues in the 70/80s. The guy that had the cue was Colin Gill i think.
          I know was quite smart when it came to getting the cues right. I think he used Keith Auld alot in the early days ?.

Comment

Just seen the cue on you tube Jimmy White CRAZY screw back againest Kirk Stevens.

Comment

Working...
            X