re weight cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re weight cue

i have just bought a 1 piece cue 16oz in weight what would be the best way to re weight it to 18oz .

speaking from experience mate, its not recommended, but if u do just go at most to 17.5.

av ****ed a few cues up by altering weights etc. id say just try to get used to it, after a few weeks u will forget its 16 and think its heavyer.

i play with a 17 onz cue but was used to 18-19, but the 17 onz feel like 19.

ya just get used to the cue

Comment

sorry mate just to explain, altering weight of a cue affects it balance and feel

Comment

A joint at the balance point?

Comment

i havent used the cue yet and i am not doing it mtself i was going to send it to a pro but i cant see how they do it without drilling holes in the cue . i have heard that puting a joint in can add 1or2 oz or maybe a brass base joint like mike wooldridges

Comment

dun that 2, had my sent to craftsmans, had a 3/4 joint but in and an onz added, never felt like the same cue again.

Comment

to increase weight in the cue they drill the butt and add it there, which makes it butt heavy. or add a joint

Comment

Hi joe

I would not bother has the other have said it won't be very well balanced.

Comment

Working...
                X