bargin or what!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bargin or what!

just sin what the black late osbourne cue went for on ebay.
    someone got a bargin, was gonna av a bid but tip was 2 small for me

check the link if ya missed it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Top-Of-The-Ran...QQcmdZViewItem

What was the final selling price?

Can't access ebay here at work.....

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

265! wish i had the pennies

Comment

What a bargain. this was once my cue and i paid £550 for it. my problem is i love changing my cue. i seem to have an addiction . out of all the cues I've had this one rates in the top 3. great cue
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Seems very cheap, i didnt even notice that for sale, definately worth 300-350 i would have thought easily
          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

I think the cue sold for about its actual value, if it were worth more, wouldn't it have made more?

The Hunt/O'Byrne/Osborne cues seem to be popular with people in the far east for some reason, and if we look at the amount of bids on it, it didn't go completely unnoticed.

I would say Ebay is a pretty accurate gauge for the current value of most things, as it puts a product in the view of many prospective buyers. Naturally, there will always be the exception, where a one-off person will pay over the odds for something which they personally consider to be worth more, but how and where would a seller find these people?

Comment

Good point Trevor

Ive noticed your cues have been doing VERY well at the minute (emailed you with the same point)

Craig
              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

I think it makes sense anyhow.

What I meant by my earlier post is that if you were selling a cue on Ebay. It might sell for £200, which you may feel is a good price for it.

But, if there happened to be a guy down your club who 'really' loved your cue, he may be willing to pay you £300 for it. That doesn't make it worth £300, it only makes it worth that to that 'individual' buyer. If he then sold the same cue on Ebay a week later, he might only get the £200 you would have got for it. So in that respect, I'd say Ebay is the better gauge of current value, as it's playing to a larger audience.

Comment

Hi Trevor.

There have been a few of your cues turning up on ebay lately.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                    I think the cue sold for about its actual value, if it were worth more, wouldn't it have made more?

The Hunt/O'Byrne/Osborne cues seem to be popular with people in the far east for some reason, and if we look at the amount of bids on it, it didn't go completely unnoticed.

I would say Ebay is a pretty accurate gauge for the current value of most things, as it puts a product in the view of many prospective buyers. Naturally, there will always be the exception, where a one-off person will pay over the odds for something which they personally consider to be worth more, but how and where would a seller find these people?

Couldnt agree more, as long as there are 2 people who want an item on ebay then it will reach its value. There are so many "cue hunters" on ebay at the moment that you can guarantee that every decent cue on there wil be watched by a dozen people all of whom will bid if its below the considered market value in hope of getting a bargain.
                    Whenever I have listed a quality old cue one bay I have had around 30-40 watchers and over 500 hits on the auction page.
                    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

how do u know its genuine? probably fake he just blags why it doesn't have a serial number..

Comment

If it i the Black plate Osborne you are on about, i can tell you i bought the cue originally from Robert Osborne himself and he does not put a serial no. on his cues although i do believe that since going into partnership with Will Hunt he does on the Black plates now. He only put numbers on a very few many many years ago and i can assure you he did not for the last 4-5 years.
                        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

^^yea ok I missed that bit where u said it was your cue once..

one q tho..don't cues warp over time, even the best ones?

Comment

Any cue no matter the age or price could warp in certain conditions, but if kept in a good case and in normal conditions it should remain as it was made.
                            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                            X