is this true??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this true??

i was talking to a man in the pub erlier and he told me he had one of ronnie osullivans old cues and askd me if i was intrested in buying it. then he started describing it and he said there was a bit cut into it where he put his fnger and then eh said he has it on all of his cues. can anybody confirm this or tell me if he ws trying to con me and i did the right thing to walk away?
    Last edited by Dickson123; 4 February 2008, 01:27 AM.

Hi all the cues i have seen him use havnt had any alterations, im fairly sure it was a con

Comment

There is a kid somwhere with one of his cues....but I don't think he will be getting rid of it

Comment

ino talk about being in the right place at the right time lol

Comment

That kid walked right past me, he had a smile on him that was bigger than his face. He ended up with a nice case too

Comment

i think i would be smiling to if my idol gave me his cue lol does ronnie have to pay for his cues? or would his sponsors sort him out?

Comment

Depends how you look at it i think he pays for them but realy he gets the money from sponsership, ill find out for sure and get back to you, i know a few that have been given there cues by suppliers as its good advertising but im sure O'sullivan pays for his one way or another

Comment

ok mate cheers

im thinking of investin in a new cue i had mine took down to a 7mm tip and its horrible lol but its about had it anyway so im saving my ennies for a new handmade one. do you know any sites where i can get a cheap aluminium 3/4 case?? the black plastic bit has came off the end of mine so my cue can just slide out n its annoying lol

Comment

Have a look on Ebay craftsman cues have got a shop on there, they do some fairly nice cues too and you can go and visit their workshop and be measured up for a cue. I went there and got mine , they are a fair price and nice lot. I was looking at spending £700 + as i wanted a good cue that would stay with me but once i went to craftsman i relized that there wasnt any point spending that kind of money, google them too

Comment

ok mate cheers for that i dnt have £700 to spend but im sure if i shop arround il find a good one

Comment

Crafstman do them from £60+ there fair cues always with a metal case

Comment

If its true i would buy it and put it on ebay, you would get a fortune, i know someone who has a cue which was commissioned for ronnie o'sullivan but he never used it.....
                        Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Snooker stuff isnt making a lot of money at the moment and wont be untill the sport is seen to be more attractive again, Ive got a fair few bits but it wouldnt be worth selling them, not that i would want to, but you would never get what they are really worth at the moment including cues.

Comment

i would buy the cue and put it on ebay but since im only 16 i dont rely have that much spare cash lol the man wanted £200 for it wich i also thaught was a bit low and would have cost more than that to make anyway so i think i did the right thing to avoid it.

Comment

without a doubt you did, he proably heard you talking or knows that you have an interest in snooker

Comment

Working...
                              X