No announcement yet.

Uneven splices on hand made cues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes please mate some photos would be good - i have always rated tony's cues. his badge copies are superb.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sent you a quick image Andrew, sorry about the image quality, it's against my kitchen worktop and has poor lighting.

I'm off out for a beer, to celebrate the Welsh Victory.....bring on the Italians.

Comment

lol thanks m8 - pretty cue though if you like the flashy - what victory?

Comment

yes adr that ions cue i bought from you at xmas the splices werent that great-i think his replicas are very good though-badges etc

Comment

tony asked me to list it for him - i was told the splices were good - normally his cues that i have seen are level top and bottom. plus they are normally good players.

the badges are superb.
            Attached Files

Comment

yes no problem adr played 1 frame had a 30 brk with it then sold it on lol-

Comment

i do that with most of my cues!

Comment

Originally Posted by slg1972 View Post
                  as a serial cue buyer i have had most of the cue makers ions craftsman parris all uneven splices which you would not expect just purchased 1pc plain ebony cue from unique thailand the splices are absolutely perfect from top to bottom- so im happy but its taken me a lot of time and money and dissatifaction over time -its the first thing people look at if you was going for re sale -its harder to sell- should you be entilted to a refund for uneven splices -it is just a pet hate as you go on these websites and purchase a cue - what is suppose to be the best in workmanship then when you open it all the splices are uneven ok some are worse than others -but some are well out

lol i feel better after that

Exactly! ...I paid the best part of £800 recently and was assured all splices would be perfect ...Three months later the cue arrives and, surprise, surprise the splices were uneven.

Even though I know it shouldn't, (after all, these are still nice playing cues) it really gets my goat!

Maybe if I send Trevor a grand, he'll sort me out with something special ...What do you say, Trevor?
                  Last edited by Max; 11 February 2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

i think trevor will make you a very nice cue for a grand!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      lol thanks m8 - pretty cue though if you like the flashy - what victory?

WHAT VICTORY....????????????????????

Wales 30 - Scotland 15.

Comment

Originally Posted by slg1972 View Post
                        as a serial cue buyer i have had most of the cue makers ions craftsman parris all uneven splices which you would not expect just purchased 1pc plain ebony cue from unique thailand the splices are absolutely perfect from top to bottom- so im happy but its taken me a lot of time and money and dissatifaction over time -its the first thing people look at if you was going for re sale -its harder to sell- should you be entilted to a refund for uneven splices -it is just a pet hate as you go on these websites and purchase a cue - what is suppose to be the best in workmanship then when you open it all the splices are uneven ok some are worse than others -but some are well out

lol i feel better after that

I don't think it's that unusual for the splices to be slightly uneven in many makers cues. It's not a sign that a cue is poor quality if the splicing is fractionally out, there are just too many other things to consider apart from that one aspect.

I don't think it's realistic to say that the re-sale value of a cue is lower if the splicing is slightly uneven either, and I certainly wouldn't agree that it's the first thing people look at when thinking of buying a used cue.

If you have found a cue that is to your specs and plays great, AND, has even splicing, then you've got the cue for you, but whether that makes it a 'better' cue than numerous others would be debateable.

Comment

Originally Posted by Max View Post
                          Exactly! ...I paid the best part of £800 recently and was assured all splices would be perfect ...Three months later the cue arrives and, surprise, surprise the splices were uneven.

Even though I know it shouldn't, (after all, these are still nice playing cues) it really gets my goat!

Maybe if I send a grand to Trevor, he'll sort me out with something special ...What do you say, Trevor?

I could make something with the most outrageously even splices, no problem.

But it wouldn't cost anywhere near a £1000, or even half that to be honest.

Comment

"The most outrageously even splices" ...Now we're talking!

...Thanks, Trevor, I'll be in touch.
                            Last edited by Max; 11 February 2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

trevor just did himself out of £500 - you will never overtake parris doing that mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X