Have you ever...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever...?

Have you ever bought a new cue and absolutely loathed it at first ...but now couldn't live without it?

yes, my parris traditional! I couldn't honestly use it at first and wondered what the hell I'd just forked out £250 for it. Don't get me wrong, the quality of the cue is fantastic, bear in mind its 12 years old now, when JP was making top notch cues, it just didn't suit me at all.

However, a lot of practice down the years and perseverance and now its like an extension of my arm. I have never picked up another cue that gives the same response, despite trying out 20 or more. Like Oldgit I had a bit of a cue obsession but since I've got to a regular century break standard and happy with my game I have sold my cues now and just have this one.

Comment

I was bought a Pyragon Mastercue 3 years ago but found it totally different to what im used to and didnt think id ever get used to it .

I kept going back to my Powerglide Connoiseurs but wanted a 3 piece for portability and both the Powerglides are 1 piece cues . Anyway , i perservered with the Mastercue and now love it !! .... the other two now seem wierd

Comment

There is no way in the world I would buy a cue I didn't like in the first place! You go and find one that feels good, you get your head down and practice, and it becomes an extension of your arm.

As far as I'm concerned a cue is for life, find one you like and don't mess about. If you're good enough then the cue you're using shouldn't really matter. Your cue should be the common denominator in your game, and you shouldn't change it unless you are 100% sure you need/want to.

MW

Comment

I had to change it mate , the Powerglide became too short because i had it as a teenager and it was only 55 1/2 "

As for the Mastercue , my friend had one and to me it felt great ...... i stupidly thought that every Pyragon would feel the same !

Comment

Working...
          X