parris or wooldridge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parris or wooldridge ?

i know that parris cues have been up there for the longest time .... but lately mike wooldridge's cues are said to be the best ... in practical terms when it comes down to the game,can anyone tell me (out of experience) why the one is better than the other ?

i suppose really its a matter of feel in the end and how it performs in your hands....will you feel confident using it

i personally have owned both....and left them for my current cue a North West cue

i would like to add tho the quality of my particular cues was excellent,,,,,the wooldridge somewhat better in my opinion and played nicer than the JP....in my hands....

but i am very happy with this one with a wooldridge tip ...thanks again

so you takes yer own choice i am afraid....but take a good look before you commit

Comment

well thats the problem,i can only look and not touch i live in kuwait and have no way of comparing the two or any other ... i've had a heritage snooker table for the past 5 years but we dont have much of a choice as far as cues are concerned.i actually want a cue made to my specs.. shorter in length(56), a narrower tip (8.5) and a slimmer butt... i've read a lot about mikes cues and the airlock joints that are fitted,i wonder if trevor white's cues come with the traditional or air lock joints...

Comment

trevors cues come with a traditional joint, and some inclusding myself rate them the best out there, very well finished to the wood in all cases that I have seen
        Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

my TW cue is the best cue i have ever had!!!
          Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by drsalman View Post
            i know that parris cues have been up there for the longest time .... but lately mike wooldridge's cues are said to be the best ... in practical terms when it comes down to the game,can anyone tell me (out of experience) why the one is better than the other ?
            I like both but on quality i would say wooldridge its easy on sliding in yer hands my wife n me say....

Comment

Your wife said the same to me.

What are the splices like for even on your TW cue Craig

Comment

Originally Posted by drsalman View Post
                John Paris is specialized in snooker cue. I've a John Parris Regal. It looks just like a cheap China made imitation with only five chevrons on the shaft. However, it has the best feel I've ever had. It is 18oz and has the balance point at 17 3/4" from the butt. It feels heavier, but it will never "jump" at impact with the cue ball. The first day I received it, I performed the standard cue test - hitting the cue ball at brown spot to the black ball on black spot to produce a double kiss. In just two hours, i can hit 90%. If you are a gambler, you will love it.

Mike Wooldridge seems to have good knowledge in all knids of cues - 8 balls, snooker, and 9 balls. I do not have one, so I cannot give you a true evaluation. However, I will not risk my investment on a cue with composite shaft; I would buy a pool stick such as Cuetec composite cue with graphite beam or cross beam support.
                Last edited by snookaman; 15 April 2008, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X