Best UK cue maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best UK cue maker?

Just wondering if anyone could tell me who's making the best cues in the UK right now? I live in Canada and the choices for snooker cues are limited to say the least. I've read much conflicting info about Parris cues; some say they are top quality, while others say they are mass produced by unskilled workers, can anyone varify this? Are Peradon or Bourroghs & Watts good cues? I'm willing to pay for quality, so if someone out there can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
    sigpic

Originally Posted by CTquick147 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me who's making the best cues in the UK right now? I live in Canada and the choices for snooker cues are limited to say the least. I've read much conflicting info about Parris cues; some say they are top quality, while others say they are mass produced by unskilled workers, can anyone varify this? Are Peradon or Bourroghs & Watts good cues? I'm willing to pay for quality, so if someone out there can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

umm its subjective because any cue maker can make you a great cue, but i would say right now one of the following is where my money would be going.

mike wooldridge
    trevor white
    robert osbourne
    tony ions
    robin cook
    dave coutts
    tony glover
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Awesome. Thank you for the info, ADR.
      sigpic

Comment

what about parris ADR?
        Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

not with my own money no, i have seen great parris cues but also a few stinkers. if i lived in canada it is not the way i would go. i would stick within that list.

Comment

Originally Posted by CTquick147 View Post
            I would have to recommend Trevor White myself purely because he produces cues every bit as good as (for example) Parris but cheaper. Over the years I have used quite a lot of the cuemakers on ADR147s list but the two who made me the best cues of all would have to be John Parris and Trevor White.

Oldgit
            'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

You could add Stamford and North west cues to the list but I'd go for Trevor White!
              In fact I did go for Trevor White!
              I too have seen good and bad Parris so wouldn't buy one without seeing it.
              Craftsman is another one if you wanted to spend a bit less!

Comment

john parris seems to get alot of stick on this site for someone who is without question 1 of the best cue makers there is i have owned 3 a superior, classic and a ultimate all where superb cues the ultimate was amazing the maple was flawless the splices where perfect the joint was fitted so well you couldnt feel it all in all its the nicest made cue i have ever owned the only problem was the price £620 and 9 months wait.i think the problem with parris cues is how many cues does john still make if any but that many people what is cues whats he to do. supply and demand . i have never seen a bad wooldridge cue and trevor white as just made me a cue out of a old maple shaft off a riley club cue it was full of dents scratches it was bent and what he sent me back was unbelivable for the money timeframe and quality of his work i will be using is services for life.

Comment

adrs list was a good choice but what about keith auld and dave brown ?

Comment

i think we all recognise what john parris has done for cue making in this country he set the standard by which others must be judged but he is not some mythical man who makes better cues than anyone else as some people are led to believe. he is very talented on the PR front hence the 15 minute free advert on the BBC recently!

Comment

Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post
                      adrs list was a good choice but what about keith auld and dave brown ?
                      my list is where my money would go not a difinitive statement of the best cue makers! - i rate dave browns cues very highly on value for money as i have said many times.

Comment

Who is Keith Auld?

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that he is a member here.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Can anyone post the links up to these cue makers?
                          I'd like to know more from their sites.
                          Thanks

Comment

Trevor White!

Well I spent sometime over the last year looking for a new cue.

After looking at Wooldridge, Osbourne, Parris and my own Craftsman cue.

I came back to this forum, to read what people thought of the Cue/cuemakers mentioned.

If you take your time here you'll come to the conclusion that Wooldridge and White have extremly good reputations!

What got me though is how Trevor White handles his customers, he handles them like friends! You want info about which cue you need want call him. You have a problem with the cue you have, call him. If you want info about how to look after your cue call him.

He takes time for customers. Seems and probably is very trust worthy.

I've orderd my cue from Trevor and know what I get, is what I want or he'll fix it.

You want a new cue? Call Trevor I promise you, you won't go wrong!

A real sound guy

all the best

Brian
                            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

trevor is the top guy indeed in terms of quality, customer servie and price there is no equal. Mike Wooldridge is indeed equaly as good a cuemaker but falls slightly behind in terms of price but everything is reletive in terms of overheads etc. In terms of materials used and end product they are comparaable
                              Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Working...
                              X