Spin lost on broken thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin lost on broken thread?

My cue has a damaged thread in the 3/4 joint. If you give the butt a tap you can sometimes hear it possibly click in/out or place. A couple of shots I've played I've felt that the spin has not taken effect because of a possible poor connection at the joint.

Would this be fair comment or am I making excuses for a poor shot?
    Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Just sounds like you're rubbish to me

I would guess that if there is movement between the joints, at the point when cue tip makes contact with the object ball, you will lose some of the energy (cue power), as the joint closes up. Might reduce cue power and thus the amount of spin you would expect to see.

But I just think it's because you suck Hehe

Comment

despite what you might think it is more likely to be the ferrule. the sound can kid you into thinking its the joint. try changing the tip and see if the ferrule is loose.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

What make of cue is it???

That would offer more insight to whether it's likely to be the joint or not.

Comment

It's definately the joint, there's a very visible fault on the thrad of the joint. Fortunately I'll be replacing it with a one eh mate!

Whether that was the cause of the poor shot or not who knows, I still won haha.
          Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Working...
          X