This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by seedslim View Post
    That what in mind too, mate! I was thinking of request you to make me a slim case when I receive my new 1 piece! But that will probably early next year, hopefully! Stunning cue and case, mate!
    thanks mate !

Comment

• Dave Coutts custome cue

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
      Here are a few pictures of my "dave coutts" custom cue.
      the cue is in transit with ups at the moment, but a friend who works for them has loaded it up on to my local van this morning and told the driver not to return to the depot without it getting here.
      so a long day waiting for the van to arive now !

i thought the pictures should be included in this thread, but i will start a new thread later on to share my thoughts on the cue, hope it is as good as it looks !!!
      Very nice indeed. Interesting combination of woods, what are they? You say elsewhere that it is very light, is it short as well?
      How long was the waiting time?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Cue and Case

Stunning set up you have there Crispian:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Very nice indeed. Interesting combination of woods, what are they? You say elsewhere that it is very light, is it short as well?
          How long was the waiting time?
          i am still waiting for the cue so not sure what all the woods are, i know the front splice is "pale moon" and the length is 57 1/4"

as for daves waiting time im sure it is quite a wait, just as all cuemakers, but you would have to contact him for an accurate time !

good things come to those that wait though !

Comment

• great cue and case crispian

with those corners being so tight how do you get the leather around with no creases or folds? do you heat the leather? or is it just the type of leather you use?

im just interested as ive made my new case similar to the case you have just made only mine is wider and ive used different shades of leather and i couldnt get the corners done without a fold and i heated them quite alot which i know does help

hope im not being cheeky im just very interested

Comment

• Originally Posted by nostawmail View Post
              great cue and case crispian

with those corners being so tight how do you get the leather around with no creases or folds? do you heat the leather? or is it just the type of leather you use?

im just interested as ive made my new case similar to the case you have just made only mine is wider and ive used different shades of leather and i couldnt get the corners done without a fold and i heated them quite alot which i know does help

hope im not being cheeky im just very interested
              lots of practice, it has taken me years to get the leather tight (no creases) and i have used heat but dont anymore !
              this is the main reason i dont offer all colours, as the leather i do get works well with the way i do them, when i have tried different coloured leather from different suppliers i have struggled with it !

Comment

• yeah i know what you mean ive found one supplier who can offer me the leather i want to make cases without creases but they only do it in black

im going to put some brass protective strips around the corners similar to glovers cases to try and hide a bit of the crease.

your cases really are superb ive been trying for a few months now i know just how difficult it is but like you say it takes lots of practice

Comment

• Originally Posted by nostawmail View Post
                  yeah i know what you mean ive found one supplier who can offer me the leather i want to make cases without creases but they only do it in black

im going to put some brass protective strips around the corners similar to glovers cases to try and hide a bit of the crease.

your cases really are superb ive been trying for a few months now i know just how difficult it is but like you say it takes lots of practice
                  black is one of the easiest leather to work with i feel !

Comment

• My new Trevor White

3/4 ash(four chevrons)
                    Fiddleback(curly) Maple veneers
                    57"
                    18 oz.
                    16" joint
                    22" butt
                    balance @ 17"
                    29mm butt diameter
                    9.5mm ferrule
                    Aurora layered tip
                    6" ebony mini butt w/badge
                    telescopic extension
                    B&W case - 3 pc., 3 section

Rec'd. cue July/10. This is my 2nd Trevor White cue and I believe that my search is over(or so I tell myself). It's truly a beauty and it plays as good as it looks. Thanks a million Trevor.
                    The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Thats a beauty you have have there pal, very classy design.

Comment

• heres my cue jhon parris has done loads of work on this cue well nice

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4349.585327248

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=585327248

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=585327248

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...7&id=585327248

Comment

• My Most Recent Custom Cue

Merry Christmas to all of you
                          Here is my most recent custom cue, made for me by my own 2011 Team :
                          57", 9.8mm tip, 17.5oz, 28.7mm butt, about 19 inches weight forward.
                          Maple Shaft that is airdried and kiln-dried, clean and Stiff with small spring.
                          African Ebony Butt top 4 splices.
                          Figure Maple, golden color, middle 4 splices.
                          Class A hand selection, Leopard Wood, Butt 4 splices.
                          This Leopard Wood is from my private stock, and these 4 splices are the best selections from a cut-out blank of some 1.5 kgs. weight. Very nice scales on each of the splices (but I have seen better ones somewhere). I have not put any badge yet, and designing my own 'C' at the moment. Played a few frames with it. Never played this much front weight, but surprisingly the quality of play is the same with my other 17.5" forward weighted cues. I need to play with it for more frames before deciding if the balance should be this current, or switch to 17.5", as per my standard.
                          My Team (of 3) used a total of 12 hours on this one, completing in 2 days. The wood treatment is not shinning, all coatings are made by hands. Looks very good to me. Very Happy with this one too
                          Last edited by unclevit; 18 January 2011, 03:02 AM.
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Wow this is nice!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                              My new Trevor White

3/4 ash(four chevrons)
                              Fiddleback(curly) Maple veneers
                              57"
                              18 oz.
                              16" joint
                              22" butt
                              balance @ 17"
                              29mm butt diameter
                              9.5mm ferrule
                              Aurora layered tip
                              6" ebony mini butt w/badge
                              telescopic extension
                              B&W case - 3 pc., 3 section

Rec'd. cue July/10. This is my 2nd Trevor White cue and I believe that my search is over(or so I tell myself). It's truly a beauty and it plays as good as it looks. Thanks a million Trevor.
                              Lovely TW there mate

Comment

• wicked cue mate.......
                                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                                X