Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put a bit of tape around the outside of the joint so the wood doesn't get touched and I just use a bit of wire wool.

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
      Fred : For me, I cut off a piece of finest grit sandpaper (I use 2000 number), in size about 3-4" long, and width equals to the joint area (or smaller, so that the sandpaper won't touch the wood part). Then use it carefully and repeatedly to wipe the surface of the bronze, then buff with a clean cloth. Repeat when necessary, for me every few months. Hope this helps
      Thanks for the tips unclevit .. will try it later

Comment

• some nice cues here

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          just posted these pics on another post so thought ide post on here as well[ATTACH]5441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5442[/ATTACH]these are2 john bennet and 1 albert monkhouse oldam
          Would you mind enlarge the picture of your cue??

Comment

• enlarge pics

hi cue in hand it wont let me thats max i can upload if you want send your email and ile send them to you

Comment

• If you go to www.photobucket.com and creat a free acount there, you can upload a zillion pictures and then paste the img code in your post. The pictures will be much bigger, and it will not take up your allowable quota for attachment on the forum.
              I believe a lot of us are interested to see better pictures of your work.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• photobucket

hi airin i have got a photobucket account trying to download all my cue pics to it will sort sometime

Comment

• Rex Williams signed ash Connoisseur cue

Just received today a nice example of an ash Power Glide Connoisseur cue signed by Rex Williams. The maple version of this cue is what Steven Hendry did ok with
                  After 2 hours cleaning & oiling etc its looking very nice. This is a cue design that has been copied by Trevor White and Aurora cues amongst others and its easy to see why.
                  2 piece centre split cue, 58", 17 1/4 oz, 10mm ferrule, 31mm butt, balances @ 19 1/4" grain matches perfectly at joint.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Just received today a nice example of an ash Power Glide Connoisseur cue signed by Rex Williams. The maple version of this cue is what Steven Hendry did ok with
                    After 2 hours cleaning & oiling etc its looking very nice. This is a cue design that has been copied by Trevor White and Aurora cues amongst others and its easy to see why.
                    2 piece centre split cue, 58", 17 1/4 oz, 10mm ferrule, 31mm butt, balances @ 19 1/4" grain matches perfectly at joint.

You didn't just buy this off eBay by any chance, did you?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DocJ View Post
                      You didn't just buy this off eBay by any chance, did you?
                      Yup last saturday night
                      Just arrived this morning, good price i thought so couldn't resist, seen them sell for lots more in worse condition.

Comment

• what did you clean it with come up well

Comment

• Originally Posted by Inoffthered
                          You could try selling it to Stephen... not sure how he'd get on with ash tho
                          Maybe he should try ash, after missing those pots earlier in sky shootout

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                          what did you clean it with come up well
                          I just used fine wirewool (carefully) i know some people dont recommend that as it raises the grain or something, but i do it very gently. The butt was heavily varnished so just took the shine off it. The ferrule on the other hand was almost black, its just a thing with me but i hate seeing tarnished ferrules, this has come up real nice

Comment

• Hello everyone
                            Here some pictures of my home made snooker cue.
                            The splice is made of snake wood and purple heart with intermediate layer of yellow red and orange veneer.
                            The silver dolphins were also worked into the wood.
                            name in gold leaf, is that of my daughter, she helped with the design
                            If there is little space around the table, then I use the second bud
                            Cue Length Bud 1 = 157,5 cm
                            Bud 2 = 145,5 cm

Balance point = 47,5 cm
                            Weight =575 gr
                            Tip diameter =9,25 mm
                            Bud diameter = 29,4 mm

I have made more cues that can be seen on my facebook account
                            http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=9801de449c
                            Daniel
                            Every point counts double with my homemade snooker cue
                            https://www.facebook.com/bungda.cue1/photos_albums

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post

An all time classic design.
                              They only come in cocobolo and maple, is that right? Did Powerglide ever make them with any other wood?
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                                An all time classic design.
                                They only come in cocobolo and maple, is that right? Did Powerglide ever make them with any other wood?
                                Dont know personally sorry, but all the Connoisseurs ive seen look the same.
                                I have a question tho, does anyone know for sure that the "ebony" splices are actually real wood ? (or painted on ) Just that you can obviously tell that the maple veneers & cocobolo splices (thanks Airin if thats what it is) are real wood by the visible grain, but the ebony is just too black and no sign at all of any grain. The heavily varnished butt makes it difficult to be sure, so without sanding down on a large scale i can't be sure, maybe someone else has tried lol..... Still looks nice tho

Comment

Working...
                                X