Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each cue cost me double. The cue for me and the same amount for new shoes for her as compensation...
    Keeps her smooth...
    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
      I am also not a big fan of burr wood. Once i will order another cue it will have the look of a JP professional with a santos rosewood splice...
      Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
      That's the piece of timber Trevor is making my cue with!
      I knew I recognised that work surface! Trevor's got a nice way of showing the beauty of the wood. Seriously, though, that piece of Santos is beautiful: it's got the colour of a nice piece of cocobolo and the straight grain running through like kingwood, both of which are woods I like. This could be a problem!!
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Really nice looking cue i have number 1231 will post some pic's soon. spookster13

Comment

• Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
          I knew I recognised that work surface! Trevor's got a nice way of showing the beauty of the wood. Seriously, though, that piece of Santos is beautiful: it's got the colour of a nice piece of cocobolo and the straight grain running through like kingwood, both of which are woods I like. This could be a problem!!
          Exactly that was the reason for my choice. And also the butt of my new H&O has this wonderful rich brown color with that straight grain i like.
          If I have a look at that at daylight i fall down on my knees...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
            Exactly that was the reason for my choice. And also the butt of my new H&O has this wonderful rich brown color with that straight grain i like.
            If I have a look at that at daylight i fall down on my knees...
            We do have the same problem. Lol I really do like your H&O; I'd never seen a rosewood nutt with ebony veneer and rosewood front splice before and if you'd asked me before I'd have said no thanks! But, having seen yours, I think I'll have to reconsider ... Yip, I love it! I think your idea of investing in top cues by all the top makers is an original concept, which I also like, but which makers have you gone to thus far? H&O, Trevor, Tony Ions through ADR, ... ? I'd be really interested in knowing, if you don't mind.
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for your warm words... I took me a while to decide the ebony veneer and not the maple veneer. Robert Osborne had to replay a LOT of mails concerning that. But I am really happy with it and Will and Robert has done a really good job. I like the most that there are some chevrons in the rosewood exactly aligned with the veneer.

No problem to speak about my beauties. I could do that all day... My Mrs. can sing a song about it...

So far i have the H&O, an Ions from Andrew and another Ions with tulipwood from ebay. Some time ago member 888 of this forum offered an old JP ulitmate with an incredible ash shaft. It took me some time and work to convince him to sell that cue to me. This cue is unbelievable. The 1pc plain ebony Trevor from Andrew is sold and the new one is on order since two weeks...
              Oh, i forgot the maple Tony Glover which is at the moment at Tony for a repair. This one i do not fancy a lot because of the maple. So it will be sold when it is back...

So still some space to fill in my rack on the long run... But at the end it is the hunt, not the having what is the fun.

Comment

• My cue.

Finally got round to putting pics up of my cue (thats if they work!) bigger pics are in the gallery, not sure how to link them?

I bought this cue via adr about a year or so ago as a plain ebony butt craftsman legend, 18oz, 57.5, 9.5.

I got bored towards the end of last year and sent it back to craftsman to have it modified to 16.5oz (ish), 56.5, 8.5, as it is only used for 8 ball pool now, whilst they where at it the added 4 tulipwood splices with thin maple veneers.

I cannot recommend craftsman enough, they knew exactly what i wanted and have done a quality job!

The tip has now also been changed to an O'Min laminated WB (red)
                Attached Files
                http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

• This is the nicest tulipwood i have seen so far. Really nice grain and the color is fantastic.
                  Looks really good with those really thin veneers.

Comment

• Thanks, i like it too

it looks even better in the flesh!
                    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

• Very nice cue, i actually quite like those thin veneers too. Thats exactly the colour tulipwood i love so much! Envy you.
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• They did a very nice job of it, didn't they? I thought you'd like it, Rob, and the white veneers are a classy touch indeed! Nice butt!!

Comment

• I seem to have become as obsessed with tulipwood as you are with cocobolo keith!
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Well, I can understand that, it's a wood that scores high on the droolability scale!

Comment

• what do you think about amboyna keith? that has to be my favourite wood.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                                what do you think about amboyna keith? that has to be my favourite wood.
                                might be mine aswell if you get a well figured piece.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X