• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice cue I used to have one just like that very nice

Comment

• My Newest Personal Cue project in Burl Butt and Quality Ash Shaft

My Most Recent personal cue project
      - 56.5", 9.6mm tip, 29mm butt, 16.8oz, forward balanced (workshop helped me on this. can't do it with my experience)
      - Shaft I bought from a shaft collector, airdried for some 2+ years, 6 arrows total, straight, with very evenly spaced 5 arrows, blank belly.
      - Medium action (with more spring than stiff/small spring). Good side lines. Works very well with Elk tip. Play as good as the nice look of it.
      - Burl wood from Laos, very well airdried. Wine color redwood and Ebony from our North.
      - Took me months to finish, but really worth the quality comes out.
      - Workshop helped me on the shaft and splicing work. I only worked on the butt burl wood
      Enjoy.
      Last edited by unclevit; 1 October 2011, 02:02 AM. Reason: language
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

• That's a very impressive finish on the butt Suvit. Please post pictures of the fine cue
        you made for me recently and will update with comments. The quality coming from
        the 'C' branch workshop really is top class.

Comment

• Custom Cue for John of UK

This is the cue we made for John recently. The shaft is quite rare considering the twin arrows. I used peruvian rosewood for the butt splice. Well balanced shaft, lively and I think it's a joy to play with. Orders keep coming in every week, and our hands are fully loaded, but a joy to do fine cues for all. More than half of the waiting times were spent on selecting the fine shaft wood
          Last edited by unclevit; 2 October 2011, 12:03 PM. Reason: grammar error
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

• I received the cue around 2 weeks ago and was immediately impressed with the build quality and finish. The shaft is indeed unsual,
            with the twin arrows and blank belly on the other side, very responsive. The mixture of rosewood and curly maple on the butt looks
            nice and finished to a high standard. The overall balance is perfect and I can recommend Suvit to other forum members.
            It was worth the wait as Suvit is very particular on providing top quality shafts. As well as this they are fantastic value
            for money.

Comment

• John, Thanks for kind comment Last night a member was asking me why wait for 2-3 months time ? The reason is according to your comment on fine playing quality shaft, that they need weeks to find the right shaft, adjust moisture level, then prepare for the workbench. They normally select some 30-40% as 'good shaft woods' from their total shaft wood purchases. Quality shafts go to custom orders while standard go to other large cue factories, for club cue productions. Enjoy the games
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Just spent the past 4 days looking through this thread and all i can say its quality and all the pics of the cues are outstanding.

If anyone has any new pics to post please do as im looking for some inspiration as i dont have a cue at the moment and need some persuading as i dont have a clue what to buy as I only have really played with old one piece cues and now I am wanting to try a modern cue.

So post some pics if you have any Thanks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                  Just spent the past 4 days looking through this thread and all i can say its quality and all the pics of the cues are outstanding.

If anyone has any new pics to post please do as im looking for some inspiration as i dont have a cue at the moment and need some persuading as i dont have a clue what to buy as I only have really played with old one piece cues and now I am wanting to try a modern cue.

Here we go again ey Matt?
                  One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

• There is far too much choice here, if you havn't made up your mind by now, god help you
                    Your better off sticking to a plain ebony cue, ohh like mine for sale now lol http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...assic-for-sale

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      There is far too much choice here, if you havn't made up your mind by now, god help you
                      Your better off sticking to a plain ebony cue, ohh like mine for sale now lol http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...assic-for-sale
                      Smooth JRC, Very smooth...
                      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                        Just spent the past 4 days looking through this thread and all i can say its quality and all the pics of the cues are outstanding.

The problem you will have is all wood is unique. What looks awesome on one cue will look plain and/or bad on another, because even though the wood is the same type, the grain pattern will not be the same. Take olivewood for example. I think the first post on this thread is a NW cue with olivewood splice, but that figure will probably never be reproduced. You see it, love it, and ask a cue maker to make you a cue with an olivewood front splice, then get it back because it looks nothing like the figuring on the original you loved so much.
                        I've seen pictures of some fantastic cocobolo on here, and have a lump myself to splice onto the cue I'm making. It looks nothing like any of the ones on here, but in my opinion, is just as good, if not better. Unless you choose an "unfigured" wood, such as ebony, bloodwood, paduak etc, you won't see what wood will look like until its done.

Good luck though, I hope you find something you like, and I'm sure any half decent cue maker will make it look incredible.
                        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Thanks and JRC im interested in a 1 piece cue as that all i have played with so your JP is not for me even though it is a steal at that price and you should have no problem in selling it.

Dean yes good point i have been looking at the one piece Aurora cues that have been made I think they are superb quality and just the looks of them are something special with the designs as they look quite similar to a Connoissuer and they are my fave cue but would rather have an Aurora than a Powerglide just do to the build quality.

And very true about any other cue make would make a good job as I did have a Trevor White one piece ebony cue but didnt get chance to play with it as needed to sell the cue for a good reason if I had that cue now I would not be looking for a new cue, A few of Robin Cook's cues have caught my eye so I will just have to decide as there is so much choice on here. Also I have been used to old style cues but not really found a cue that would be able to suit to todays modern game as they are too whippy etc thats why im looking at modern style cues as I think there wouldnt be that such problem.

Thanks.

Comment

• If you can get an old cue made of hornbeam, that won't be whippy. They are quite well known for being very stiff.

And Airin (pqj) does make some awesome cues, I understand you wanting him to make a Connie replica for you. If he wants to make me one as well to show me exactly how good his cues are, I won't say no!

Comment

• Just ordered a custom Mastercraft. Let the 3 to 6 week wait commence...
                              Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

• IMG_0028.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0027.jpgIMG_0026.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpgIMG_0027.jpgIMG_0026.jpg

got this about 3 weeks ago from stu at greenbaize 3q c2 with a thick maple splice and a large single splice
                                of burr unbelivable ash shaft with perfectly spaced arrows running straight down the shaft specs 58in long 9.93 tip
                                18.6 oz 29.78mm butt realy nice cue. case is a 3q patchwork from crispian at north wales cases.
                                Last edited by ste bed; 5 October 2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X