This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8560[/ATTACH]

got this about 3 weeks ago from stu at greenbaize 3q c2 with a thick maple splice and a large single splice
    of burr unbelivable ash shaft with perfectly spaced arrows running straight down the shaft specs 58in long 9.93 tip
    18.6 oz 29.78mm butt realy nice cue. case is a 3q patchwork from crispian at north wales cases.
    Lovely set mate, a great case & a nice cue like the simple yet classy butt design always looks well a nice burr & a great shaft by the looks of things in terms of arrows.

He's a good lad Stu always try's his best to please & supply exactly what you ask for.

If it plays as good as it looks you'll be in for a treat i think !

Comment

• DSC00388.jpg

a few others the one with the missing badge was a mastercraft cue which i sold
      on ebay a while back
      Last edited by ste bed; 5 October 2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• right lads here it is my nearly mannock ive called it,59ins long,9.5mm tip, balance at 18-1/2 in,butt aprox 29.5,weight nats under 18oz,will be going on ebay shortly,also as a 9 1/2 ins exts mini butt,omments please

Comment

• Nice that Jim, i'll keep an eye out on ebay for it

Comment

• Looks good Jim. Notice the arrows going up on one side and down on the other....looks great! Nicely spaced too.
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

• The latest cue guru cue..
              Will post more pics in the cue guru review thread.

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Hi Jim,
                Good luck with the sales. Nice long fingers you got there. Love the unique mini you made.:-)
                I attempted my version of a Mannock a while ago. It was a one piece maple cue, sold a while ago.
                Just did not want to make another tulip/burr Mannock at the time.:-) So, I used 4 splices of wild zebrano with a front burr face. A slightly longer front face was used than what is usually seen on a Mannock. I felt at the time it was more visually balanced that way. Most zebrano I have seen used on other cues were quite parallel and uniform, but on this cue the zebrano selected are more "abstract" and wild. Soft woods but turned out okay. :-)
                Anyway, I still have some pictures of the cue. Here they are:

Last edited by poolqjunkie; 10 October 2011, 09:44 PM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  Thank you Dean.
                  could you tell me what about the maple cue feeling

Comment

• O(∩_∩)O哈哈哈~
                    I know who are you I will keep waiting
                    see you very glade
                    I think you know who am I

Comment

• This thread is getting depressing now!

I'm here trying to make my first ever cue, and seeing the ones that are being posted by Jim, Jason, and Airin takes the micky! These are fantastic cues, each one seems to look "better than the last one they made", but the others they've made are all incredible as well!

Keep it up guys, cos somehow, they keep getting better.
                      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• I know who are you
                        I will keep waiting

Comment

• Bit sinister!
                          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                            This thread is getting depressing now!

I'm here trying to make my first ever cue, and seeing the ones that are being posted by Jim, Jason, and Airin takes the micky! These are fantastic cues, each one seems to look "better than the last one they made", but the others they've made are all incredible as well!

Keep it up guys, cos somehow, they keep getting better.
                            keep going dean dont forget airin been going acouple of yrs or so me and jason will be going on a yr and you learn hell of a lot in that time and the pics people post always give ideas

Comment

• Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                              Bit sinister!
                              Hahaha. I don't know if he wants to buy a cue I've made, see my cue ( ) or rape and murder me......

I'm actually sitting here laughing out loud!!
                              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                                keep going dean dont forget airin been going acouple of yrs or so me and jason will be going on a yr and you learn hell of a lot in that time and the pics people post always give ideas
                                Yeah I will keep going Jim. I've got the ebony spliced onto the shaft (thought it would be easier to make a 3/4 jointed cue than a 1 piece, hmmmmm) so just a case of trying to get it round now. I've managed to put a big dent in the shaft as well when I started planing the ebony off (any ideas how to get that out??).

The biggest problem I'm having is (with having no woodwork training or experience what-so-ever) I'm unsure of the final finishing of the shaft. I've brought grain filler, and kept some Ebony dust to enhance the grain, but does it just get mixed together then spread onto the cue (like paint?)? I'm going to turn the butt from solid Ebony, and a guy at work has offered his assistance (using the work lathe until I get one of my own...) then do some splicings on the butt after.

Its just a mixture of amazement and sadness, as I see incredible cues appearing on here from "amateur" (I mean as in not professional) cue makers, and wish I could do that. I suppose its as you said though Jim, experience improves you, and I've only been doing this an hour here and there since May (I think). I do have some gorgeous wood spindles for the splices though!

Comment

Working...
                                X