X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Macascar Ebony ***

My Newest Personal Collection
    Got the wood in July but with too much moisture content , so took weeks for natural airdrying process before production.
    56.5", 9.7mm tip, 16.8oz, 29mm butt, and forward balanced. Shaft with 6 nice arrows, and blank belly. Good side lines. Medium/Stiff action. The 'cream' is in the butt wood - Thailand's Exotic Macascar Ebony, very nice swirl pattern around. Standard blank mostly cut in 12-13 inches in length, but this one came to me at 20" so the size is good for single butt wood. I am collecting single wood for butt work, replacing standard black ebony. This Macascar Ebony came to me through our wood rep
    Last edited by unclevit; 20 November 2011, 08:08 AM.
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

• very beautiful macasar ebony there ~~ absolute beauty ^^

Comment

• Originally Posted by kevin147q View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8605[/ATTACH]Wayne G

These woods from my client. I am not sure , it should be one kind of rosewood, and others are Thuya burl , black & white ebony , curly maple. Thanks
        excuse me witch one isthuya burl?

Comment

• The upper one .
          Originally Posted by markstar View Post
          excuse me witch one isthuya burl?
          woodscue@gmail.com

Easy way to custom made your cue

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
            My Newest Personal Collection
            Got the wood in July but with too much moisture content , so took weeks for natural airdrying process before production.
            56.5", 9.7mm tip, 16.8oz, 29mm butt, and forward balanced. Shaft with 6 nice arrows, and blank belly. Good side lines. Medium/Stiff action. The 'cream' is in the butt wood - Thailand's Exotic Macascar Ebony, very nice swirl pattern around. Standard blank mostly cut in 12-13 inches in length, but this one came to me at 20" so the size is good for single butt wood. I am collecting single wood for butt work, replacing standard black ebony. This Macascar Ebony came to me through our wood rep

Wow, that s really something. This is a special ebony from Thailand?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Yes, but such swirl is difficult to get. I waited months to find this swirl one Mostly found in 'line pattern' and not this big swirl.
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                Yes, but such swirl is difficult to get. I waited months to find this swirl one Mostly found in 'line pattern' and not this big swirl.
                Very special figured. Love your shaft, too. ;-)
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Yep, the swirl is quite unique. And I paid double for the shaft cost, comparing to other fine quality nice arrows
                  It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Mastercraft 1pc Ebony & Maple

I posted this picture in another thread so apologies in advance if this is against forum rules . .

. . this is my new Mastercraft cue following the untimely demise of my John Parris Ultimate. Dave has made pretty much everyone's cue here in Shropshire so I popped over and he had this half made 'experiment' in the factory. It's on a really nice shaft and always being one for something different it'll be my new cue when it's finished. As you can see it's a 1pc Ash shaft with eventually, 32 splices of Ebony and Maple.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea I know but it'll certainly be a conversation starter

Your honest thoughts please . .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Golden View Post
                      ...... Your honest thoughts please . .
                      Well at first i thought "what the f...." but then it kinda grows on you

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Well at first i thought "what the f...." but then it kinda grows on you
                        Haha, yup.

Comment

• Stamford cue makers do a similar splicing pattern in ebony,violet rosewood and satin bloodwood with maple veneers.Very pretty when finished as I am sure yours will be.I like to see "experimental" cues,shows individuality ,good luck and enjoy your game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
                            Stamford cue makers do a similar splicing pattern in ebony,violet rosewood and satin bloodwood with maple veneers.Very pretty when finished as I am sure yours will be.....
                            This one

Comment

• That's pretty that is

Comment

• Latest, both with beech veneers, 1 with 4 tulipwood splices other with thuya burr
                                Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                                Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                                https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                                S36 1LB

Comment

Working...
                                X